Master of Education Cohort Admission
Begins Summer 2015. Application deadline is March 21, 2015
Begins Fall 2015. Application deadline is April 18, 2015
Face-to-face required meeting dates for summer and fall 2015 are TBD.
Remainder of course hours for Summer semester are online through August 2015.
Remainder of course hours for Fall semester are online through December 2015.
Complete the Online Application, $75.00 non-refundable application fee at the online application page.
Submit the following as part of the application:
- Online Application
- $75 Application Fee
- Two Letters of Recommendation (uploaded to application)
- Resume (uploaded under Program Supplementary Information section)
- Goal Statement (uploaded under Program Supplementary Information – Writing Sample)
- A two- to three-page paper to be used to assess writing skills. The content of the paper should include professional goals, integrated with your understanding of the role of reflection in continuous improvement of professional practice. This writing sample is an opportunity for all parties to assure the professional goals of the student meet the goals of the program.
- Official Undergrad Transcript (sent directly to Karen Mehle)
Department of Education
University of Minnesota Duluth
Attn: Karen Mehle
412 Library Dr
Duluth, MN 55812
Email Karen Mehle (email@example.com) in the Graduate Programs Office, with specific questions about admission.
Minimum criteria for admission:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2.8 undergraduate GPA (exceptions may be granted) or current teaching license
- Students whose first language is not English must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, or 79 on the Internet-based (minimum scores of 21 in writing and 19 in reading). Information on the TOEFL can be found at http://www.ets.org/toefl.
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Minimum of two years professional experience or demonstrated experience working with learners.