You are here
Employee Engagement Survey
Welcome to the 2017 University of Minnesota Employee Engagement Survey
This survey offers you an opportunity to express your views on a variety of topics related to the work environment at your campus, college, and department, and your experiences in your job. By taking part in this survey you are helping the University understand how you feel it is performing in the areas that are most important to you. Your feedback will be used to guide improvement efforts across the University. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey.
Look for an email from UofMNSurvey@confirmit.com on Monday, October 16
Faculty and staff can share feedback on their workplace experience through the 2017 Employee Engagement Survey. Look for an email on Monday, October 16 from Korn Ferry Hay Group, the University's vendor, from the email address UofMNSurvey@us.confirmit.com. Your response to the survey is completely confidential. The survey is being administered by Korn Ferry Hay Group, an outside firm specializing in employee engagement. Reminder emails will be sent to people who have not completed the survey until the survey ends on Friday, November 3.
You'll receive an email if you meet all meet all of these criteria:
- A faculty member or staff (U-wide)
- Your employment information was active in the system on September 6, 2017
If you have any questions about whether you should receive a survey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Required/Save and Return
The survey should only take 10-15 minutes to complete, and it is recommended that you complete your survey in one session. However, if necessary you can save your partially completed survey and finish it later. To do this, simply close your browser and use the personal link that was emailed to you by Korn Ferry Hay Group to return where you left off. The deadline for submitting your survey is Friday, November 3, 2017.
Troubleshooting Survey Issues
- If you have a problem getting the link in the email to work: Contact Korn Ferry Hay Group at UofMNSurvey.US@KornFerry.com to have a new link sent to you. Each survey link is customized and can only be used once and cannot be shared with others.
- If you cannot find the email in your inbox, it may be in Spam: The University’s email system has been programmed to receive emails from the vendor partner Korn Ferry Hay Group. However, Gmail’s “Priority Inbox” feature tracks what emails you read and respond to, and adjusts the emails you see based on your behavior. If Gmail thinks the 2017 Employee Engagement Survey email is spam, you can easily find it two ways:
- Go to the search box at the top of email and type in: UofMNSurvey@US.ConfirmIt.com. Click "broaden your search" to search the Spam folder. Open the message from Korn Ferry Hay Group and click "Not Spam" at the top to move it into the Inbox and complete the survey.
- Or, on the left-hand side under the “Compose” button, look for “More” with a down arrow. Click the arrow and a Spam folder appears. Open the message from Korn Ferry Hay Group and drag it into the Inbox or click “Not Spam” above the subject line.
- If there is no survey in your Spam folder: Email email@example.com if you think you should have received a survey but it is not in your Spam folder.
Your Individual Response is Confidential
Individual responses to the University of Minnesota Employee Engagement Survey are confidential and will not be shared with anyone at the University.
- All responses will go to the University’s external vendor, Korn Ferry Hay Group, for analysis.
- To protect the anonymity and confidentiality of responses, a department must have at least five faculty and instructional P&A, or five staff responses to their respective survey to receive a report with data. If there are less than five people who completed the survey, responses will be rolled up to share at the next highest level in the organization.
- Any information that connects a response to an employee will be removed by the external vendor.
- Comments shared in the two open-ended questions at the end of the survey are combined and de-identified. If there are 20 or more comments shared by employees, a comment report is created and it is only shared with senior leaders.
If you have any questions about confidentiality, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.