You are here
Assistive Technology (AT) are tools that are used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of an individual with a disability. AT benefits anyone who:
- Has difficulty using a mouse or keyboard.
- Has difficulty with language, auditory or visual processing.
- Cannot access information online because of a disability.
- Has difficulty taking notes in class or completing written assignments
Technology Available at UMD
- Read and Write Gold - text to speech software program. R&WG is available as a free download to all currently enrolled UMD students, faculty & staff.
- JAWS - screen reader
- Dragon Naturally Speaking - speech to text
- ZoomText - screen magnifier
- Duxbury Braille Translator
- Livescribe Smart Pen - electronic recording device
- FM Listening System - sound amplifier
- 22” Widescreen Monitors
- CCTV - camera to enlarge print
- Sorenson Video Relay Service
- Braille Embosser