Commencement is a celebration of all you have accomplished.
Participation is voluntary but graduates are encouraged to attend.
Students who are interested in participating in the upcoming commencement ceremony, but have not yet completed degree requirements should contact their Director of Graduate Studies.
UMD Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2015 at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center, Amsoil Arena.
There will be two separate ceremonies:
10:00 a.m. LSBE and SCSE students
3:00 p.m. CEHSP, SFA, and CLA students
Graduate students may participate in only one ceremony. If a student does not participate in the ceremony for which he or she is scheduled, the student will not be allowed to participate in any subsequent ceremony.
Graduating students must adhere to the following requirements and deadlines:
Graduation requirements for MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed. MSpED, MTAG, and MEng programs
- Submit an Application for Degree by March 1st. Submit this form either by email (email@example.com) or hard copy to the UMD Graduate School Office (431 Darland).
- Submit the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire by March 1st. (This is an online form. There is no paper form this year.)
Graduation requirements for all other graduate programs:
1. Submit an approved Graduate Degree Plan by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate to the UMD Graduate Office (431 Darland). For more information regarding Master's Degree Requirements, please click here.
2. MA, MS, and PhD students must Assign/Update Your Examining Committee.
3. Graduates must next obtain the Application for Degree.
4. March 1 is the deadline to submit both the Application for Degree and the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire to the UMD Graduate Office to have your name included in the Commencement Program.
Additional requirements for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
1. Students must obtain the proper academic attire at UMD Stores in order to participate in the ceremonies.
Purchase your cap, gown, hood, and tassel at Lower Level UMD Stores.
The UMD Graduation Fair is held in March (exact date TBA) in Kirby Ballroom. A discount of 20% is available online on this date if you purchase your cap, gown, hood, and tassel at the Grad Fair.
Participating Doctoral degree students can find more information about their regalia by clicking here.
Participating Master's degree students can find more information about their regalia by clicking here.
***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
If participating students have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines by which regalia need to be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
2. Details regarding this year's Commencement are available at UMD Commencement Information.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the UMD Graduate Office (218) 726-7523, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.