Get a world-renowned degree, plus the help
you need to get here.
You can go anywhere in the world to get your graduate degree, but at the University of Minnesota Duluth, you can get a degree that is recognized virtually everywhere in the world.
Youíll also get face-to-face attention from your professors and the opportunity to participate with them in hands-on research. Whatís more, you get all the support you need:
- International Student Services
- Transfer Information
- Travel Information
- Housing, Employment and Taxes
The University of Minnesota Duluth invites you to pursue a graduate education in America, because that can take you as far as you want to go.
All new students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to attend Document Check after their arrival in the U.S. Students will not be allowed to register for classes until they complete Document Check. Document Check is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at the University of Minnesota for the upcoming academic semester. Your registration holds, which prevent you from registering for classes, will be discussed with you during Document Check.
Take the following documents to the International Student Services Office (KSC 237)
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Passport and visa stamp (in your passport)
- I-94 (if you have a paper I-94 card in your passport that was stamped during your immigration inspection, otherwise ISS will help you find your electronic I-94 online)
- Dependent documents (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa stamp, and I-94 card) if you have dependents with you
- Previous school’s I-20 or DS-2019 (if you attended another school in the U.S.)
- University of Minnesota ID number (on your admission letter)
- Sponsor letter (if your tuition & fees are paid directly to the University by a government or international agency)