University of Minnesota Schedule:
As stated on the University of Minnesota Accessibility Standards Web site the implementation timeline is:
Beginning January 1, 2014, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, level AA, shall serve as the Web accessibility standards for the University of Minnesota.
- All new and redesigned Web pages published by any college, department, program, or unit, as well as other Web resources published, hosted or otherwise provided by the University of Minnesota, shall be in compliance with the WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
- Reasonable effort must be taken to ensure legacy Web pages and resources are in compliance no later than January 1, 2015.
- Web pages, including legacy or archive pages, that are
specifically requested to be made accessible as an
accommodation for an individual with a disability shall be
made accessible or an equally effective alternative must be
provided within 10 business days.
- Information-based pages
- Communicate the same information in an accessible format, and with an equivalent level of accuracy.
- Interactive or service pages
- Provides for completion of a process (e.g. registration) in a time interval comparable to that of non-disabled users, and with comparable effort on the part of the requestor.
- Each University of Minnesota affiliated Web site, including legacy pages, shall indicate, in plain text, a method of contact for users having difficulty accessing the content.