The University of Minnesota Duluth is seeking a motivated, professional and self-directed Women's Resource and Action Center (WRAC) Intern. The internship will take place during the academic year.
- Plan, coordinate, and publicize the public events and programs that are sponsored by WRAC.
- Publicize WRAC through distribution of a current brochure and/or other marketing tools.
- Serve as a resource to UMD students by supporting and/or referring them as appropriate.
- Actively provide opportunities to students to serve as volunteers.
- Collaborate with other University organizations that promote the rights of women and be accessible in the event that WRAC representation is requested.
- Establish and maintain connections with community women's organizations.
- Be responsible for the organization and maintenance of current resource materials.
- Confer with the Director on all aspects of WRAC as needed.
- Maintain open communication with the Director of the Office of Cultural Diversity.
- Help the Director prepare the WRAC request to the Student Service Fee Committee.
- Complete a report of WRAC Intern programs and activities.
- Attend sexual abuse advocate training at PAVSA.
- Assist with planning and coordinating public events and programs that are sponsored by the Women's Resource and Action Center.
- Serve as a resource to students by supporting and/or referring them as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the organization and maintenance of current resource material in the Women's Resource and Action Center.
Training and Commitment
Terms: 10 hours a week. September through May.
Two day training in late August
- Must be a UMD graduate or undergraduate student with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of UMD and local area resources
- Experience working on issues which impact students, especially women studies preferred.
Applications are available at Kirby Student Center 233. To print off an online form, click here. Send application, resume, and a list of two references (with phone numbers) to:
Director, Office of Cultural Diversity
The University of Minnesota of Duluth is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, or sexual orientation.
Women's Resource and Action Center
University of Minnesota Duluth
Kirby Student Center 266
1120 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812-3085
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- p:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you need emergency assistance, please contact Susana Pelayo-Woodward in Kirby Student Center 233, (218) 726-8444, or email@example.com.