Are You Ready?
Here are some important next steps…
Step 1: FAFSA
After 2013 taxes are complete, file online at fafsa.ed.gov and have the information sent to UMD (federal school code: 002388).
Step 2: College Transcripts (if applicable)
Submit official transcripts for any college coursees you've taken. Once all grades are posted, submit an official transcript to UMD Admissions. We'll take from there to help you know how it transfers.
Step 3: Admitted Student Days (recommended)
It’s not required, but attending an admitted student day will give you additional perspective into what it's like to be a Bulldog. These take place during February & March. We start sending details and sign-up information in December.
Step 4: Advisement & Registration (A&R)
Sign up for Advisement & Registration. This is when you become an official UMD student – you'll leave campus with your college ID and fall semester schedule in hand!
Step 5: Housing
Complete your housing application. Applications for the follwing fall are available beginning February 1. We start sending more information about on-campus housing in mid-January. For guaranteed placement, housing contracts must be completed by May 1. More info available at duluth.umn.edu/housing.
Step 6: High School Transcripts
Send your final high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions by July 1st. Information Regarding the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) . Name, address, email, dean's list, etc. are public record and releasable. Request suppression of this information or setup someone you trust direct access to your academic records.
Step 7: Bulldog Welcome Week
Attend Bulldog Welcome Week. Required for all freshmen, this crash course in getting connected kicks off with move-in day on August 28. Welcome week events start August 29 and continue through the start of classes on September 2.
- December, 2013
- Admitted students can begin registering for Advisement & Registration.
- December 15th, 2013
- Application deadline for scholarship consideration.
- January, 2014
- Submit your FAFSA after completing your 2013 taxes.
- February, 2014
- Submit your application for on-campus housing.
- February - March 2014
- Attend an Admitted Student Day.
- March, 2014
- Financial Aid Award Notices are sent out to freshmen students for Fall 2014.
- May 1st, 2014
- National College Decision Day. Recommended deadline to submit on-campus housing application and register for Advisement & Registration..
- Summer, 2014
- Attend an Advisement & Registration session.
- August 28th, 2014
- Move-in day for incoming freshmen.
- August 29th - September 1st, 2014
- Bulldog Welcome Week for new students.
- September 2nd, 2014
- Classes begin!