Are You Ready?
Here are some important next steps…
Step 1: Advisement & Registration (A&R)
Sign up for Advisement & Registration. This is when you become an official UMD student – you'll leave campus with your college ID and fall semester schedule in hand!
Step 2: Housing
Complete your housing application. Applications for the following fall are available beginning February 1. We start sending information about on-campus housing in mid-January. For guaranteed placement, housing contracts must be completed by May 1. More info available at d.umn.edu/mycampuslife.
Step 3: FAFSA
After 2013 taxes are complete, file online at fafsa.ed.gov and have the information sent to UMD (federal school code: 002388).
Step 4: Admitted Student Days (optional)
Admitted student day will give you additional perspective into what it's like to be a Bulldog. These take place during February & March. Invitations were sent to the email associated with your application. For more information on Admitted Student Days, call our office: 218-726-7171 or visit d.umn.edu/myday.
Step 5: College Transcripts (if applicable)
Submit official transcripts for any college courses you've taken. Once all grades are posted, submit an official transcript to UMD Admissions. We'll take it from there to help you know how it transfers.
Step 6: High School Transcripts
Send your final high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions by July 1st. Information Regarding the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) . Name, address, email, dean's list, etc. are public record and releasable. Request suppression of this information or setup someone you trust direct access to your academic records.
Step 7: Bulldog Welcome Week
Attend Bulldog Welcome Week. Required for all freshmen, this crash course in getting connected kicks off with move-in day on August 28. Welcome week events start August 29 and continue through the start of classes on September 2.
- December 2013
- Admitted students can begin registering for Advisement & Registration.
- December 15, 2013
- Application deadline for scholarship consideration.
- January 2014
- Submit your FAFSA after completing your 2013 taxes.
- February 2014
- Submit your application for on-campus housing.
- February - March 2014
- Attend an Admitted Student Day.
- March 2014
- Financial Aid Award Notices are sent out to freshmen students for Fall 2014.
- May 1, 2014
- National College Decision Day. Recommended deadline to submit on-campus housing application and register for Advisement & Registration.
- Summer 2014
- Attend an Advisement & Registration session.
- August 28, 2014
- Move-in day for incoming freshmen.
- August 29 - September 1, 2014
- Bulldog Welcome Week for new students.
- September 2, 2014
- Classes begin!