Applications Being Accepted for 2016-17!
The University of Minnesota Duluth Department of Social Work is a member of the Minnesota Title IV-E BSW Consortium. In spring 2005 the Minnesota Title IV-E BSW Consortium was established to address the need for social workers specifically trained in child welfare. The consortium is led by the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities School of Social Work and consists of the undergraduate social work programs at five state universities, in addition to UMD. Each school utilizes the same general expectations for the BSW Consortium. More information about the Consortium can be located here: http://cascw.umn.edu/child-welfare-students-alumni/undergraduate/
UMD BSW Child Welfare Scholars will be awarded $3,000 per semester, or $6,000 per academic year. Eligible candidates must be full-time students.
The expectations of BSW Child Welfare Scholars at UMD are as follows:
Contact Karen Nichols, Ed.D., Associate Director for the Center for Regional and Tribal Child Welfare Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in applying for the BSW Child Welfare Scholars Program, please review the fact sheets and watch the video below which gives you a sneak peek into the world of child welfare!
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the field of public and/or tribal child welfare
- Complete SW 4113: Introduction to Child Welfare course;
- Focus SW 4103: Senior Project & SW 4120: Community Volunteer Experience in child welfare
- Attend special seminars, meetings, and trainings
- Complete the field placement in a county, state, or tribal child welfare unit
- Upon graduation, seek and accept, if offered within 3 months of graduation, a child welfare job in a county, state, or tribal child welfare agency
- Remain employed in a public or tribal child welfare position for a length of time equivalent to the amount of time financial support was received
If you watch the video and review the fact sheets and you are still interested in applying for the BSW Child Welfare Scholars Program, please complete the application below:
E-mail the completed application, along with your APAS/Transcript, to Dawn Eckdahl, Student Support Coordinator, at email@example.com at any time. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO