Help for Personal Problems

Whenever an individual experiences the difficulties at work that you are, it is the practice of the University to encourage him/her to contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This office can assist you in getting help for problems that you may be experiencing that could be affecting your work performance. Such problems might include:

* alcohol abuse
* anger control
* critical incidents, both in the workplace and at home
* drug dependencies or abuse
* eating disorders
* emotional problems
* financial difficulties
* impact of disability and chronic disease on individual and families
* issues of loss or grief
* marital or family problems
* physical or sexual abuse
* separation or divorce

If these or other personal problems could be having a negative effect on your work performance, you are especially encouraged to contact Sand Creek Employee Assistance Program at 1-888-243-5744 or see more info about their services online at They can help you get the care, treatment or other services that you may find useful in dealing with these problems. The staff of the EAP are prepared to listen to you, to try to understand what you are going through, and to take you and your problems seriously. They can help you or help you find the assistance you need. Your conversation with them will be kept confidential as required by University policy and there is no charge for their services.

I encourage you to take a few moments to consider whether or not this might be of help to you. Contact EAP for answers to any questions you may have about their services. If you decide that you want to meet with them, you may use work time to do so if necessary. Needless to say, I wish you every success in resolving any personal problem that might be a factor in the difficulties you are currently experiencing here at work.