Supervisors of Student Employees
Webmaster: Angela Niebolte
External Access: 111794
University of Minnesota Duluth's Off-Campus (Non-University) Community Service Programs, and Public or Private Non-profit Organizations
After paying your student(s) one hundred percent (100%) of wages earned, your agency must request a seventy five percent (75%) reimbursement from the University of Minnesota Duluth for each payroll period. Agencies are required to send in a request for reimbursement at least once a month. The reimbursement request must include the following documents:
1. An invoice on your Agency's letterhead billing the University for
seventy five percent (75%) of the student's gross earnings (a sample invoice
has been enclosed for your reference).
If you have more than one student employed, a separate invoice is required for each student.
2. Official University of Minnesota Duluth Off-Campus Work-Study Payroll Record sheet for each pay period.
Timesheets must contain:
Note that federal and state regulations state that reimbursement cannot be given for unsatisfactory student work, for work on an Official University holiday or for lunch or break periods. Please monitor the student's hours to ensure that lunch or breaks and University holiday hours are not being submitted. The 2000-2001 Official University Holiday schedule is listed on the back of this page. The hours-worked are always rounded to the quarter hour, and the critical minute is eight. For work less than the eighth minute, the time is rounded down to the last quarter hour. Any work eight minutes and over is rounded up to the next quarter hour. Hours should not be submitted in any other increments than the quarter hour.
3. A copy of the student's paycheck stub and original signature of receipt by the student as documentary evidence that the student received correct payment for his/her work (a form is enclosed for this purpose).
4. A Billing Pay Sheet identifying:
If you have more than one student employed, a separate Billing Sheet is required for each student (a sample Billing Sheet and a blank Billing Sheet are enclosed, which you may copy as needed). Also note:
· Your agency is required to keep on file a photocopy of all documents
· Student Work-Study awards are subject to change. You will be notified of any changes in writing.
Please note: Students may not be paid from Work-Study funds on the official University of Minnesota holidays or emergency closings. If their duties require them to work on these holidays or emergency closings, for whatever reason, your agency will be responsible for one hundred percent (100%) of their earnings.