Time for a new start?
There's no better place than UMD to continue your studies. We work hard to make transferring simple.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Minnesota Duluth. The following resources are available to assist you with the transfer process. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions.
Before you Apply
- Academic Programs
- Admission Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Test Credit
- Transfer course planning tools
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics
- School of Fine Arts
- Swenson College of Science and Engineering
- Schedule an individual transfer appointment
- On campus: call (218) 726-7171
- Twin Cities: call Brian Turk at (218) 726-6289
- To schedule a meeting at a community college in the Twin Cities
- Schedule via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a general campus tour
- Request a transfer counselor appointment in the additional requests field
Apply for Transfer Admission
- Spring 2015 application deadline: December 1st
- Fall 2015 priority application deadline: June 15th
- Online Application
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- All official college or university transcripts
- Official high school transcript(s)
- ACT or SAT scores (for students who've completed less than 26 transfer credits)
Your application to UMD also serves as your scholarship application. Students will be considered for UMD's $2,000 annual transfer scholarship based on cumulative GPA from their previous post-secondary institution(s) and for applicants who apply by the June 15th priority deadline for Fall semester and October 15th priority deadline for Spring semester.
The scholarship will be renewable for one year following the initial award year (4 semesters total), and subject to academic standing and progress toward degree completion.
My favorite part of UMD is the amazing people I have met. The friends I made freshman year are still some of my best friends today.