If you want to capture an image of anything on your screen, take a screen shot:on a PC
- Hit the "Prt Scr" button on your keyboard
- In Photoshop or some other image-editing software, open a new file
- Paste into the new document (hit control-v)
- As desired, crop and size the image
- Save the document as a .jpg or .gif to use online (In Photoshop for example, choose File > Save for Web)
- With the image you want visible on your screen, hit Command+Shift+4
- Use the cursor to drag diagonally across the screen to select the portion you want in your screen shot
- When you release the mouse button after making your selection, the image will be saved as a .png file (or other web-compatible format) on your Mac's Desktop.
- See the MacRumors page about the various options and directions for taking screen shots. (For instance, if in the first step you choose Command+Control+Shift+4 instead, your selected image will be saved onto the Mac's clipboard so that you can paste it into image-editing software or a Word file).