Meeting 1: Agenda
- Campus Change Team
- August 24, 2011
- Kirby 268 from 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Update on the CCT recommendation to LT
Recommendation to LT (Attachment-previously
- CCT Alignment of
Strategic Planning, CCT Recommendations, Student
FocusGroup Recommendations, Ongoing work
- CCTLT Meeting #9
with details (2 Attachments) and LT final endorsement of
- Relationship between Strategic Planning Goal 2
) and Campus Change
- Develop a
definition of diversity for the campus adoption (October
- 2011-12 CCT Goals
– see CCT charge below
- Form subgroups
around LT Priorities/Strategic Planning Goals –
- Liaison between UCT
- Communication to
UCTs – see UCT charge below (early Sept)
- Communication to
deans, vice chancellors, directions, commissions (early
- Priorities and
- Update membership on
- Student Focus Group Report and LT Response (2
- Posted on the CCT
Charge to the Campus Change Team
- Foster development of campus equity and diversity
- Research plans with respect to feasibility, cost and
- Make recommendations to the Leadership Team.
- Build and maintain liaison with the other campus units,
campus populations and the community
- Facilitate publicity and promotion of events and
programs that contribute to an inclusive
- campus environment.
- Provide regular reports to the Leadership Team and the
Charge to the Unit Change Team
- Develop and recommend equity and diversity action plans
to Unit or to Campus Change Team as appropriate.
- Report to Dean, Vice Chancellor or Director.
- Respond to and work with Campus Change Team and
Meeting 1: Summary
Susana and Bilin reported that the Leadership Team
discussed the recommendations and action steps in the 2010-11
CCT Annual Report, noted their alignment with the Strategic
Plan, and endorsed the general priorities described in the
CCT Report. CCT members recognized that CCT and UCTs work
during 2011-12 will focus on implementing action steps.
Members also discussed how best to support the work of the
UCTs and how to strengthen the relationship between the CCT
and UCTs. A preliminary discussion of CCT 2011-12 activities
Definitions of diversity, equity and social justice
(Strategic Plan Goal 2.1) prepared by Susana were used as a
starting point for developing definitions for campus review.
A subcommittee will work on this and bring draft definitions
to the next CCT meeting.