- general information
- national anthem
- newspapers / networks specific to Egypt and its environs
- newspapers / newsnetworks of regional and North Africa and the Middle East scope
- government resources
- U.S. International Information Programs: Middle East and North Africa --
U.S. policy and issues focusing on the North Africa, the Levant, Iraq and the Persian Gulf region
(see also Ancient Egypt > Food )
- Ancient Egyptian cuisine -- Wikipedia
- Balkwill, Richard. Food and Feasts in Ancient Egypt. New Discovery, 1994.
- Gifford, Clive. Food and Cooking in Ancient Egypt. PowerKids Press, 2010. [children's book]
- Berriedale-Johnson, Michelle. Food fit for Pharaohs: An Ancient Egyptian Cookbook. British Museum Press, 2008.
- Mehdawy, Magda, and Amr Hussein. The Pharaohs Kitchen: Recipes from Ancient Egypts Enduring Food Traditions. American University in Cairo Press, 2010.
- Riolo, Amy. Nile Style: Egyptian Cuisine and Culture: Ancient Festivals, Significant Ceremonies, and Modern Celebrations. Hippocrene Books, 2009.
- Standing, Tom. A History of the World in 6 Glasses. NY: Walker, 2005.
- Wilson, Hilary. Egyptian Food and Drink. Shire, 2008.
- Ruffer, Sir Marc Armand, and Alice Ruffer. Food in Ancient Egypt. Wexford College Press, 2006. 
- Kurlansky, Mark. Salt: A World History. Walker, 2002.
- Muata, Muata A.The Kemetic Diet: Food For Body, Mind and Soul, A Holistic Health Guide Based on Ancient Egyptian Medical Teachings. Sema Institute, 2005.
- eLook.org > Asian | African
- Egyptian cuisine -- Wikipedia
- World Food Habits: Bibliography -- Robert Dirks
- Egypt -- Anthropology of Food-Food Science
- CliffordAWright.com (Mediterranean)
- World Hearth Circle of International Cooking > Egypt
- Food in Egypt -- Food in Every Country
- Egypt's chef leading a 'kitchen uprising' -- BBCNews (28 April 2012)
- the arts
- Other WebSites
- Famous Egyptian People
Bedouin Culture in Transition
- Egypt - Bibliography
- RootsWeb > Egypt and Egypt
- UNESCO: Social and Human Sciences
- Al-Islam.org --
Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project (DILP)
- UN News Centre: The Middle East
- Global Voices Online -- Berkman Center for Internet and Society at the Harvard Law School
- H-Net Discussion Networks -- Humanities and Social Sciences ONLINE
- H-Gender-MidEast -- Gender in the Middle East, North Africa, Turkey, the Caucasus, Central Asia, Western Asia, Iran, and the Mediterranean.
- UNESCO WebWorld Portals >> Observatory Portal on the Information Society >> Regions >> [International] >> Arab States >> Egypt
- Selected Online Resources for Islam -- Pluralism Project, Committee on the Study of Religion, Harvard University
- Observatory of Cultural Policies in Africa
- African Union
- International Council of African Museums >
- Selections of Arabic, Persian, and Ottoman Calligraphy --
Global Gateway, The Library of Congress
- Travelers in the Middle East Archive
- Egypt Search
- The Middle East in Early Prints and Photographs -- Digital Gallery, New York Public Library
- Ancient Mesopotamia: This History, Our History -- The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
- Middle East -- British Museum
- Sacred Insects of Ancient Egypt -- Insects and other Arthropods, David Kendall
- photo gallery