- 10 Things Snack Food Companies Won't Say -- SmartMoney (15 November 2010)
- About Chocolate -- Cadbury.co.uk
- Bonello, Giovanni. "The Maltese who Pioneered Chocolate in Europe" [Gian Francesco Buonamico (1639-1680), author of Trattato della Cioccolata]. Histories of Malta: Deceptions and Perceptions, Volume One. Fondazzjoni Patrimonju Malti. Valleta, Malta: Patrimonju Publishing, Ltd. 2000, 79-84.
- A Brief History of Chocolate, Food of the Gods -- Athena Review Vol.2, no.2
- Ancient Americans Liked Chocolate, Too -- MSNBC (12 November 2007)
- Ancient Chocolate Found in Maya "Teapot" (July 17, 2002)
- Ancient North Americans drank chocolate -- MSNBC (02 February 2009)
- A Rich History of Chocolate in North America -- Science (02 February 2009)
- Batchelder, Tim. “The cultural pharmacology of chocolate.” Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, November 2004. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_256/ai_n6258861/.
- film: Chocolat (122 min., 2000, DVD 1074, VC 2224 )
- "Chocolate and Holidays—A Long History" -- National Geographic News (3/29/02)
- Chocolate: A Resource Guide. Science Reference Guide -- Library of Congress
- Chocolate Began as Beer-Like Brew 3,100 Years Ago -- Reuters (11 November 2007)
- Chocolate Fashion at Salon Du Chocolat in Cairo, Egypt -- Telegraph (2010)
- CHOCOLATE: Food of the Gods
-- Albert R. Mann Library, Cornell University
- Chocolate History -- Kakawa Chocolate House
- Chocolate History &
Information -- The Nibble: The Magazine about Speciality Foods
- Chocolate Origins Traced to Beer Makers 3,000 Years Ago -- National Geographic News (11 November 2007)
- Chocolate recipes -- BBC Food
- Chocolate Review
- Chocolate Timeline
- [VIDEO] Chocolate to Save Forests? -- National Geographic News (19 March 2008)
- Chocophilia -- Barry Callebaut
- The Choco Story -- The Chocolate Museum, Belgium
- Coe, Sophie D. and Michael D. Coe. Généalogie du chocolat. Abbeville, Paris, 1998.
- Constructing quality: The multinational histories of chocolate -- Julie L. Cidella and Heike C. Alberts. Geoforum. Volume 37, Issue 6, November 2006, Pages 999-1007
- Dillinger, Teresa L., Patricia Barriga, Sylvia Escárcega, Martha Jimenez, Diana Salazar Lowe, and Louis E. Grivetti. “Food of the Gods: Cure for Humanity? A Cultural History of the Medicinal and Ritual Use of Chocolate.” The American Society for Nutritional Sciences, 2000. http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/8/2057S.long.
- Divine Chocolate -- "the Fairtrade Chocolate Company co-owned by the cocoa farmers cooperative Kuapa Kokoo in Ghana"
- Cocoa: Tree, Pod, Bean and Powder -- JustFoodNow (19 January 2011)
- Dreiss, Meredith L. and Sharon Edgar Greenhill. Chocolate: Pathway to the Gods. Tucson, AZ: The University of Arizona Press, 2008.
- Earliest Chocolate Drink Found -- Telegraph (12 November 2007)
- Eight ancient drinks uncorked by science -- msnbc (15 December 2009)
- "The EU Chocolate Wars":
A run-up to
-- Perugia, Italy
- First Chocoholics in U.S. Found in New Mexico?-- National Geographic News (02 February 2009)
- Gourmet Chocolate -- gourmet-chocolate.co.uk
- Grivetti, Louis E., and Howard-Yana Shapiro, Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage. Wiley, 2009.
- History of Chocolate -- Cadbury.co.uk
- History of Chocolate -- Chicago Field Museum
- International Cocoa Organization
- In Venezuela, Plantations of Cacao Stir Bitterness -- New York Times (28 July 2009)
- film: Like Water for Chocolate (105 min., 1993)
- McNeil, Cameron (Ed.). Chocolate in Mesoamerica: A Cultural History of Cacao. Gainesville, FL:University Press of Florida, 2009.
- Moss, Sarah, and Alexander Badenoch. Chocolate: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2009.
- Newman, Kara. The Secret Financial Life of Food: From Commodities Markets to Supermarkets. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Nothing Like Chocolate [film] -- Kum-Kum Bhavnani, Director [Distributor information]
- Ortega, Oscar, AtelierOrtega, Jackson Hole, WY
- Powis, Terry G., W. Jeffrey Hurst, María del Carmen Rodríguez, Ponciano Ortíz C., Michael Blake, David Cheetham, Michael D. Coe & John G. Hodgson (December 2007). "Oldest chocolate in the New World". Antiquity 81 (314).
- The True History of Chocolate, Third Edition, Sophie D. Coe and Michael D. Coe. London: Thames & Hudson, 2013 .
- The True History of Chocolate, a lecture by
Michael D. Coe, Professor of Anthropology Emeritus, Yale University, presented at the Dallas Museum of Art,
20 April 2006, as part of the Boshell Family Lecture Series on Archaeology
- Love of chocolate 'fuelled by naughty status' -- Telegraph (9 Septemberber 2007)
- A new breed of racing car runs on vegetable oil and chocolate -- The Scout Report (15 May 2009)
- The Origins of Chocolate -- The Vaults of Erowid
- Photo: First Edible Billboard -- National Geographic News (April 3, 2007)
- Pre-Dating the Love of Chocolate -- BBC News (13 November 2007)
- Prehistoric Americans Traded Chocolate for Turquoise? -- National Geographic News (29 March 2011)
- Presilla, Maricel E. The New Taste of Chocolate: A Cultural & Natural History of Cacao with Recipes. Ten Speed Press, 2009
- Psychoactive food: chocolate -- chocolate.org
- Revealed: The 3,000-Year-Old Mug of Cocoa -- Guardian (13 November 2007)
- Royal Criollo Cacao of Xoconusco
- The science behind desire for chocolate -- Telegraph (15 October 07)
- Science and Nature - Chocolate -- BBC Science and Nature
- Steingarten, Jeffrey. It Must've Been Somethin I Ate. NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 2002.
- The sweet science of chocolate -- Exploratorium.edu
- Sweet Trading: Chocolate May Have Linked Prehistoric Civilizations -- Live Science (01 April 2011)
- Teubner, Christian. The Chocolate Bible: The Definitive Sourcebook. Chartwell, 2009.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- Two Dozen Desserts Before Dinner -- Regina Varoll, Huffington Post (07 July 2011)
- Vail, Gabriel, "Cacao Use in Yucatán
Pre-Hispanic Maya" in Grivetti, Louis E., and Howard-Yana Shapiro, Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage. Wiley, 2009.
- World Cocoa Foundation
- Xocoatl - Chocolate guide