- Agarwal, Bina
Fourth Lecture: "Can We Make Food Good for All?"
Nobel Conference 46 Making Food Good Conference -- Gustavus Adolphus College (5-6 October 2010)
available online at <http://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2010/archive.php>)
view video on-line
- Allport, Susan. The Primal Feast: Food, Sex, Foraging, and Love. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse, 2003.
- Barndt, Deborah. Tangled Routes: Women, Work, and Globalization on the Tomato Trail. Rowman & Littlefield, 2002.
- Barndt, Deborah, ed. Women Working the NAFTA Food Chain: Women, Food and Globalization. 2nd Ed. Toronto: Sumach, 1999.
- Counihan, Carole. The Anthropology of Food and Body: Gender, Meaning and Power. New York: Routledge, 1999.
- De Silva, Cara, ed. In Memory's Kitchen: A Legacy from the Women of Terezin. Translated from the Czech and Yiddish by Bianca Steiner Brown. New Jersey and London: Rowman & Littlefield, an imprint of Jason Aronson, 1996.
- FAO’s programme for Gender Equality in agriculture and rural development -- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Corporate Document Repository
- Harbottle, Lynn. Food for Health, Food for Wealth: Ethnic and Gender Identities in British Iranian Communities. NY: Berghan, 2004.
- Inness, Sherrie A. Secret Ingredients: Race, Gender, and Class at the Dinner Table. NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006. [Focuses on cookbook authors as agents of social change]
- Inness, Sherrie A. (Ed.). Pilaf, Pozole, and Pad Thai: American Women and Ethnic Food. Amherst, MA: University of Massachusetts Press, 2001.
- Kahn, Miriam. Always Hungry, Never Greedy: Food and the Expression of Gender in a Melanesian Society. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1986.
- Naccarato, Peter, and Kathleen LeBesco. Culinary Capital. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2012.
- Rosenberger, Nancy R. Seeking Food Rights: Nation, Inequality and Repression in Uzbekistan. Wadsworth, 2012.
- "Status of Female Farmers Rises During Food Crisis" -- Rebecca Harshbarger, WeNews (11 August 2010)
- Theophano, Janet. Eat My Words: Reading Women's Lives Through the Cookbooks They Wrote. Palgrave Macmillan, 2003.
- Two Fat Ladies -- Tim Roufs
- Women, Agriculture and Food Security -- International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)
- Women and sustainable food security -- Sustainable Development Department (SD), FAO
- Women's contributions to agricultural production and food security: Current status and perspectives -- Economic and Social Development Department, FAO
- Women Farmers Feed the World -- Nation of Change: Africa (23 October 2011)
- Voski Avakian, Arlene. Through the Kitchen Window: Women Explore the Intimate Meanings of Food and Cooking. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2005.