- Ancient medicines were alcoholic -- BBC News (14 April 2009)
- A Toast to History: 500 Years of Wine-Drinking Cups Mark Social Shifts in Ancient Greece -- EurekAlert (03 January 2011)
- Before & After: Wine-Cult Cave Art Restored in Petra? -- National Geographic News (08 September 2010)
- Black, Rachel E., adn Robert C. Ulin. Wine and Culture: Vinyard to Glass. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2013.
- Burgundy Wine Has Long History In France: Remains Of Gallo-Roman Vineyard Discovered In Gevrey-Chambertin -- Science Daily (10 March 2009)
- Cardil, Roberto, "Kepler: The Volume of a Wine Barrel," Loci (June 2010), DOI: 10.4169/loci003499 -- The Mathematical Association of America
- de Garine, Igor, and Valerie de Garine, (Eds.). Drinking: Anthropological Approaches. Anthropology of Food & Nutrition Series. NY: Berghahn, 2001.
- Drink Culture: It's as Old as the Hills -- New Scientist (13 November 2009)
- Earliest Known Winery Found in Armenian Cave -- National Geographic News (10 January 2011)
- Eight ancient drinks uncorked by science -- msnbc (15 December 2009)
- Epstein, Becky Sue. Champagne: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2011.
- Gmelch, George and Sharon Bohn Gmelch. Tasting the Good Life: Wine Tourism in the Napa Valley. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2011.
- The Guardian & Observer Guide to Wine
- Humankind’s Ascent Took Path of Yeast Resistance -- Miller-McCune (11 July 2011)
- Hyams, Edward. Dionysus: A Social HIstory of the Wine Vine. NY:Macmillan, 1965.
- Israel Discovers Large Byzantine-Era Wine Press -- MSNBC (15 February 2010)
- Johnson, Hugh. Vintage: The Story of Wine. NY: Simon & Schuster, 1989.
- "Kepler: The Volume of a Wine Barrel," Cardil, Roberto, Loci (June 2010), DOI: 10.4169/loci003499 -- The Mathematical Association of America
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Beverages - Coffee, Fruit, Soda Pop, Beer, Ale, Cocktails, Wine
- Millon, Marc. Wine: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2013.
- Near-Intact Roman Ship Holds Jars of Food -- DiscoveryNews (08 August 2012)
- Newman, James L. "Wine." In The Cambridge World History of Food, ed. by K. F. Kiple and K. C. Ornelas. Cambridge, UK; NY: Cambridge University Press, 2000.III.13.
- 'Oldest known wine-making facility' found in Armenia -- BBC News (11 January 2011)
- Roman wreck full of wine jars found off Albania -- MSNBC (22 August 2011)
- Standing, Tom. A History of the World in 6 Glasses. NY: Walker, 2005.
- Stewart, Amy. The Drunken Botanist: The Plants that Creat the World's Great Drinks. Algonquin, 2013.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- Varianno, John. Wine: A Cultural History. London: Reaktion, 2010.
- Wilson, Thomas M. (Ed.). Drinking Cultures: Alcohol and Identity. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2005.
- "wine" -- Encyclopedia Brittanica
- The wine anorak -- Jamie Goode
- The World in a Glass: Six Drinks That Changed History -- nationalgeographic.com (3 October 2005)
- World of Wine: From Grapes to Glass -- edX, University of Adelaide, Australia
- 'World's oldest champagne' found on Baltic seabed -- BBC News (17 July 2010)
- World's Oldest Champagne Uncorked, Tastes Like Honey -- MSNBC (17 November 2010)
Wine grapes on a vine