- newspapers / newsnetworks specific to Greece and its environs
- newspapers / newsnetworks of regional and European scope
- European Union related WebSites
(see also Greece, Contemporary > Food)
- World Food Habits: Bibliography -- Robert Dirks
- Cuisine of the Mediterranean -- Wikipedia
Mediterranean diet -- Wikipedia
- Crete -- Anthropology of Food-Food Science
Ayanoglu, Byron. Crete on the Half Shell: A Story about an Island, Good Friends and Food. HarperPerennial, 2004.
- Barydakis, Koula, and R.D. Bill Bradley. Foods of Crete : Traditional Recipes From the Healthiest People in the World. Bill Bradley, 2006.
- Farr, Diana Farr. Feasting & Fasting in Crete: Delicious Mediterranean Recipes. Greece: Kedros, 2001,
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Why Some Like it Hot. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2004. [especially Ch. 4, "The Shaping and Shipping Away of Mediterranean Cuisines"]
- Psilakis, Nikos, and Maria Psilakis. Cretan Cooking: The Miracle of the Cretan Diet, The Most Wholesome Cuisine in the Mediterranean with 265 recipes. Karmanor / Seaburn Distributor, 2005.
- Simopoulos, Artemis P., and Jo Robinson. The Omega Diet: The Lifesaving Nutritional Program Based on the Diet of the Island of Crete. Harper Paperbacks, 1999.
- Stavroulakis, Nicholas. West Cretan Cooking. Talos, 2003.
- Kalogeraki, Stella. Cretan Cookery. Mediterraneo / Distributed by Greece, 2005.
- Psilakis, Nikos. Cretan Cooking. Karmanor Editions / Distributed by Greece, 2003.
- Cretan cuisine -- About Crete