- “body language”
- the study of communication that occurs through body movements,
positions, and facial expressions
- motion and gestures
- the study of communication that occurs through spatial behavior
- “body language”
- using personal space
- Body Language Reveals Wealth -- LiveScience (10 February 2009)
- Center for Non-Verbal Studies
- Erickson, Karla, "Tight Spaces and Salsa-stained Aprons: Bodies at Work in American Restaurants, in Beriss, David and David Sutton (Eds.). The Restaurants Book: Ethnographies of Where We Eat. Oxford: Berg, 2007, pp. 17-23.
- Decoding Body Language -- NPR (6/28/08)
- Ekman, Paul. Emotions Revealed, Second Edition: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life. NY: Henry Holt and Co., 2007.
- Henley, N. (1986). Body politics: Power, sex and nonverbal communication. Prentice-Hall.
- Hidden Relationship Factors: Beyond Talking and Touching -- Live Science (04 June 2010)
- Navarro, Joe. The Dictionary of Body Language: A Field Guide to Human Behavior, NY: William Morrow, 2018.
- Navarro, Joe. Louder than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence, NY: William Morrow, 2010.
- Navarro, Joe. What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People. NY: William Morrow, 2009.
- Pease, Allan Pease. Body Language: How to Read Others' Thoughts by their Gestures. Bhopal: Manjul, 2014.
- Pease, Barbara, and Allan Pease. The Definitive Book of Body Language: The Hidden Meaning Behind People's Gestures and Expressions. NY: Bantam, 2006.
- Recognition of Facial Expressions Is Not Universal -- EurekAlert (26 January 2010)
- Rich man, poor man: study shows body language can indicate socioeconomic status-- EurekAlert (04 February 2009)
- What Facial Expressions Are Really Saying -- NPR (6/19/08)