- Higdon, Nolan. 2020. The Anatomy of Fake News: A Critical News Literacy Education.
Oakland, CA: University of California Press. https://doi.org/10.1525/9780520975842.
- Finland is winning the war on fake news. What it’s learned may be crucial to Western democracy -- CNN (05 2019)
- Sweden returns to cold war tactics to battle fake news -- The Guardian (06 February 2022)
- Sweden’s Songwriters Dominated U.S. Pop. Now, They’re Looking to Korea. -- The New Yorker (26 January 2022).
- Those Cute Cats Online? They Help Spread Misinformation -- The New Yorker (01 December 2021).
- Yale Says Its Vinland Map, Once Called a Medieval Treasure, Is Fake -- The New Yorker (05 October 2021)
- A terrifying new theory: Fake news and conspiracy theories as an evolutionary strategy -- salon (08 August 2021)
- The little-known origin of the term 'fake news' -- BBCReel (09 April 2021)
- Marion Nestle knows it's not easy to be a smart consumer of food, or of media -- The Counter (10 September 2020)
- Joseph McCarthy and the Force of Political Falsehoods -- Louis Menand, The New Yorker (27 July 2020).
- Tsunami of fake news hurts Latin America's effort to fight coronavirus -- The Guardian (26 July 2020)
- The seven types of people who start and spread viral misinformation --
BBCNews (4 May 2020)
- Disinformation 2020: How to spot faulty news this election year -- MPRnews (08 January 2020)
- Shanghai New Year drone display was pre-recorded -- BBCnews (03 January 2020)
- Revealed: Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib targeted in far-right fake news operation -- The Guardian (05 December 2019)
- Riccardi, Nicholas, and Hannah Fingerhut. AP-NORC/USAFacts poll: Americans struggle to ID true facts. AP, November 14, 2019. Accessed December 3, 2019. https://apnews.com/bcf9452cb6d7dd1b24599305b408987e.
- Why Fox News Slimed a Purple Heart Recipient: As a former talk-show guest host on the channel, I can explain the art and purpose behind attacking Colonel Vindman -- Tobin Smith, The New York Times (22 November 2019)
- Why can’t we agree on what’s true any more? -- The Guardian (19 September 2019)
- Why we believe fake news -- BBCfuture (8 September 2019)
- Could language be the key to detecting fake news? -- The Guardian (02 September 2019)
- Fake news is 'reinforced by false memories' -- BBCnews (22 August 2019)
- Paris authorities scotch rumours of radioactive tap water as 'fake news' -- The Guardian (22 July 2019)
- Fake news: French language body urges alternative phrase -- BBCnews (05 October 2019)
- ‘I was a North Macedonian fake news writer’ -- BBCfuture (29 May 2019)
- New AI fake text generator may be too dangerous to release, say creators -- The Guardian (14 February 2019)
- Nestle, Marion. Unsavory Truth: How Food Copanies Skew the Science of What We Eat. NY: Basic Books, 2018.
- Fake moon landings and a flat Earth: why do athletes love conspiracy theories? -- The Guardian (27 December 2018)
- Pas de 'fake news' – too many English words rile French defenders -- The Guardian (04 October 2018)
- How biased is your news source? You probably won’t agree with this chart -- Shawn Langlois, Market Watch (21 April 2018)
- Outlaw or ignore? How Asia is fighting 'fake news' -- BBCnews (04 April 2018)
- JFK’s real message from beyond the grave – don’t believe everything you hear -- The Guardian (25 March 2018)
- Here Come the Fake Videos, Too -- The New York Times (04 March 2018)
- Opinion | How to Monitor Fake News -- The New York Times (20 February 2018)
- For Pope Francis, Fake News Goes Back to the Garden of Eden -- The New York Times (24 January 2018)
- Pope Francis: fake and sensationalised news 'a very serious sin' -- The Guardian (17 December 2017)
- Fake news and botnets: how Russia weaponised the web -- The Guardian (02 December 2017)
- How Fiction Becomes Fact on Social Media -- The New York Times (20 October 2017)
- In Italian Schools, Reading, Writing and Recognizing Fake News -- The New York Times (18 October 2017)
- Democracy of the Gullible: The Internet Paradox -- Jean Bergeron, Alpha-Zoulou Films, (42:35 min., 2017) , Top Documentary Films (2020.07.01)
- The hidden signs that can reveal a fake photo -- BBCfuture (30 June 2017)
- Faking 'wokeness': how advertising targets millennial liberals for profit -- The Guardian (20 February 2017)
- Fake news is 'killing people's minds', says Apple boss Tim Cook -- The Guardian (20 February 2017)
- Did they really say that? -- BBCNews (16 february 2017)
- The Massacre That Wasn’t, and a Turning Point for ‘Fake News’ -- The New York Times (05 February 2017)
- Massive networks of fake accounts found on Twitter -- BBCNews (24 January 2017)
- Why Nobody Cares the President Is Lying -- The New York Times (04 January 2017
- London Calling: BBC Bias -- Alan Knight, Director (2016, 69 min.)
[". . . The documentary London Calling, based on the popular book of the same name by author GA Ponsonby, recounts one of the egregious examples of bias as it targets the BBC and their role in defeating the 2014 referendum for Scotland's independence. . . ."]
- The city getting rich from fake news -- BBCnews (05 December 2016)
- In Washington Pizzeria Attack, Fake News Brought Real Guns --
The New York Times (05 December 2016)
- How fake news online skewed the US election -- SATURDAY PAPER (26 November-02 December 2016)