- The Library of Congress
- country profiles
- Region > Asia > Europe/Russia > Western Europe > Spain -- Council on Foreign Relations
- general information
- national anthem
- La Marcha Real is one of the few National Anthems which has only a tune, but no lyrics
"During the reign of Alfonso XIII a poem was written to be used as lyrics of the National Anthem, but this was neither officialy recognized, nor did it catch on in people's traditions."
"During Franco's dictature (1939-1975) the Anthem was sometimes sung with the lyrics written by poet José María Pemán. These lyrics were never officialy recognized.
- newspapers / newsnetworks specific to Spain and its environs
- newspapers / newsnetworks of regional and European scope
- government resources
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
- The European Union
- European Union related WebSites
- eLook.org > European Recipes > Spanish
- Spanish cuisine -- Wikipedia
- Saveur: Savor a World of Authentic Cuisine > Spanish
- World Food Habits: Bibliography -- Robert Dirks
- Spain -- Anthropology of Food-Food Science
- CliffordAWright.com (Mediterranean)
- World Hearth Circle of International Cooking > Spanish
- Luard, Elisabeth. European Festival Food. London: Grub Street, 2009.
- Luard, Elisabeth. European Peasant Cookery. London: Grub Street, 2007.
- Luard, Elisabeth. Family Life: Birth, Death and the Whole Damn Thing. London: Corgi, 2000.
- Food in Spain -- Food in Every Country
- Spain -- The Global Gormet
- Harris, Vicky, and John Newton. The Food of Spain: A Journey for Food Lovers. London: Bay Books, 2008.
- Spanish Eating Customs -- Don Quijote
- Inside Spain's secret food societies -- BBCtravel (12 January 2016)
- Serra, Victoria. Tía Victoria's Spanish Kitchen. South Brunswick, NY: A. S. Barnes and Co., 1963. Trans, by Elizabeth Gili; Ed. and Adapted by Nina Froud.
- Grigson, Jane. The Observer Guide to European Cookery. London: Michael Joseph, 1983.
- cities and towns
- Mitchell, Timothy. Blood Sport: A Social History of Spanish Bullfighting. University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994.
(Recommended by John Bower)