- Your Panel Discussions (Sign up to lead 3) consists of . . . .
- a main presentation on your selected (3) chapters from Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, Sixth Edition, by John H. Bodley (Lanham, MD: Altamira Press, 2012)
- a discussion of the presentation by the panalists
- included in your discussion should be (among other things you might wish to add) . . .
- an evaluation of the basic materials
- suggestion(s) of how one might reserch the topic at a level of manageable unit of analysis, including how the results of your research might be used
- a review of how "anthropology" might be of use or relevant to addressing the problem
- some suggestions about "The Future"
(including how it is portrayed in Ch. 8 of Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, Sixth Edition)
- a discussion of questions from the "audience"
- you may do your Panel Discussion and your Research Project on the same general topic
- although your Panel Discussion will be different from your Term Project group
- one recommended strategy for picking a Term Research Project (and putting together a Term Research Project Team) is to start off looking at the items listed in the "Table of Contents" of the text Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, Sixth Edition, by John H. Bodley (Lanham, MD: Altamira Press, 2012)
- for each chapter there is a list of major large-scale (national and global-level) topics, and you will need to pick a chapter for your Panel Discussion
- for your Research Project consider doing a local or regional project reflecting the large-scale (national and global-level) problem discussed by Bodley
- we will talk about "Units of Analaysis" & Project Selection Week 3
- For your panel presentation you are expected to do research beyond the materials contained in the texts
- Everyone is expected to read all of the chapters of the text Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, Sixth Edition, carefully, not just the two chapters that happen to be the subject of one's panel discussions
- Your Research Project Presentation is separate from your panel discusson
- your Panel Discussion Groups should be different from your Term Project group