- After the passing of Norman Borlaug, commentators offer assessments on his legacy and work -- The Scout Report, 18 September 2009 | Volume 15, Number 37
- Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs (AFOP)
- Compassion in World Farming Trusts
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST)
- EarthSave International [ ". . . founded by . . . John Robbins, as a direct result of the overwhelming reader response to his book Diet for a New America: How Your Food Choices oAffect Your Health, Happiness and the Future of Life on Earth" (Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope)]
- Farm Sanctuary
- Genoways, Ted. The Chain: Farm, Factory and the Fate of Our Food. NY: Harper-Collins, 2014.
- Grandin, Temple. The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum. NY: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013.
- Grandin, Temple -- "The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow: The world's most famous person with autism uses her unusual cognitive abilities to reduce animal suffering" -- BBC (49 min. 2006)
- Harvey, Graham. The Killing Of The Countryside, New Edition. Vintage, 2011.
- Hauter, Wenonah. Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America. New Press, 2012.
- Imhoff, Daniel (Ed.). The CAFO Reader: The Gragedy of Industrial Animal Factories. Heraldsburg, CA: Watershed, 2010.
- Kirby, David. Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment. NY: St. Martin's, 2010.
- Lawrence, Felicity. Eat Your Heart Out: Why the Food Business is Bad for the Planet and Your Health. London: Penguin Books, 2008.
- Lawrence, Felicity. Not on the Label: What Really Goes into The Food on Your Plate, Revised Edition. London: Penguin Books, 2013.
- Lyson, Thomas A. Civic Agriculture: Reconnecting Farm, Food, and Community. (Medford, MA: Tufts University Press, 2004.
- Martindale's Calculators On-Line Center Part IA-E - Agriculture Crops & Horticulture
- The Meatrix
- Millstone, Erik, and Tim Lang. The Atlas of Food: Who Eats What, Where, and Why. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2008.
- Niman, Nicolette Hahn. Righteous Porkchop: Finding a Life and Good Food beyond Factory Farms. NY: HarperCollins, 2009.
- Ogle, Maureen. In Meat We Trust: An Unexpected History of Carnivore America. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013.
- Pachirat, Timothy. Every Twelve Seconds: Industrialized Slaughter and the Politics of Sight. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2011.
- People for the Ethnical Treatment of Animals
- Pimentel, David and Marcia Pimentel. Food, Energy, and Society, Third Edition. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, 2008.
- Putting Meat On The Table: Industrial Farm Animal Production in America -- A Report of the Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production
- Roberts, Paul. The End of Food. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008.
- Singer, Peter. Animal Liberation. NY: Harper Perennial, 2001.
- A Tail of Two Dairies--How to End the Crisis on Our Farms -- Barry Estabrook, Gastronomica, Fall 2010, pp. 48-52
- Tansey, and Geoff and Anthony Worsley. The Food System : A Guide. NY: Earthscan, 1995.
- Weber, Karl (Ed.). Food, Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making us Sicker, Fatter and Poorer--And What You Can Do About it. NY: Public Affairs, 2009.
- Webster, John. Animal Welfare: Limping towards Eden. Wiley-Blackwell, 2005.
- Winson, Anthony. The Industrial Diet: The Degradation of Food and the Struggle for Healthy Eating. UBC Press, 2013.
- Winson, Anthony. The Industrial Diet: The Degradation of Food and the Struggle for Healthy Eating.
NY: NYU Press, 2013.
A commercial chicken house raising "broiler" pullets for meat
Interior of a hog confinement barn or piggery