- Freshwater -- United Nations Environment Program
- Freshwater and Marine Image Bank -- University of Washington Libraries
- Global Water Quality online database -- United Nations Environment Programme Global Environment Monitoring System (GEMS) Water Programme
- Healthy Water - Water Quality -- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hydrology & Water Resources -- BioSciEdNet (BEN)
- International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre (IGRAC)
- International Rivers
- International Water Centre (IRC)
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Lake Superior -- Wikipedia
- Large Lakes Observatory
- Life's Little Essential -- NOVA
- Metropolis: New York City Water and Transit Infrastructure in Photographs -- New York Public Library
- The Middle East Water Collection -- Oregon State University Libraries
- Minnesota Sea Grant
- Morris, Robert. The Blue Death: Disease, Disaster and the Water We Drink. NY: Harper Collins, 2007.
- National Water Management Center
- National Water Quality Laboratory, Duluth, MN
- Natural Resources Research Institute (NRRI) -- UMD
- New Mexico Waters -- University of New Mexico Libraries
- NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory
- Ocean Data Viewer -- UNEP-WCMC
- Ocean, Great Lakes and Coastal Research -- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA)
- [video] Poisoned Waters [Chesapeake Bay and Puget Sound]-- Frontline, PBS (21 April 2009)
- Royte, Elizabeth. Bottlemania: Big Business, Local Springs, and the Battle over America's Drinking Water. NY: Bloomsbury, 2009.
- Renewable water resources in the world by country
- Shale gas drilling's dirty secret is out: The EPA's findings about fracking's contamination of ground water have sent a shockwave through a gas industry in denial -- The Guardian (09 December 2011)
- Singapore International Water Week -- Wikipedia
- Small-Holder Farmers in Kenya Dig for Survival -- Guardian (13 September 2011)
- Solomon, Steven. Water: The Epic Struggle for Wealth, Power and Civilization. NY: Harper Collins, 2011.
- Standing, Tom. A History of the World in 6 Glasses ["Epilogue"]. NY: Walker, 2005.
- The Tale of Two Umudugudus (Villages) -- New York Times (09 September 2010)
See also BBC News Science and Environment