- Archbold, Rick, and Dana McCauley. Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes from the Great Liner. Hachette Books, 1997.
- Berenbaum, Michael, and Cara De Silva. In Memory's Kitchen: A Legacy from the Women of Terezin. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2006.
- Black, Jacquelyn C. ...last meal. Common Courage Press, 2003
- Bullington, Kevin. Creative Snacks, Meals, Beverages and Desserts You Can Make Behind Bars:: A Cookbook for Inmates (and others on a tight budget) looking to put the fun back into food. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
- Caldwell, Andrew. Their Last Suppers: Legends of History and Their Final Meals, Andrews McMeel, 2010.
- Clifton Collins, Jr., and Gustavo "Goose" Alvarez. Prison Ramen: Recipes and Stories from Behind Bars. NY: Workman Publishing, 2015.
- Crawford, Bill (Ed.). Texas Death Row: Executions in the Modern Era. Plume, 2008.
- Cuisine, Artie. Jailhouse Cookbook: The Prisoner's Recipe Bible. NY: GoodReadBooks, 2013.
- Death Row Last Meals: Comfort Foods Most Popular Choice Of Prisoners, Study Finds -- Michael Hill, HuffingtonPost (29 August 2012)
- Death row nutrition. Curious conclusions of last meals --
Brian Wansink, Kevin Kniffin, and Mitsuru Shimizu, Cornell University Food and Brand Lab (24 August 2012)
- Dunea, Melanie. 2007. My Last Supper: 50 Great Chefs and Their Final Meals / Portraits, Interviews, and Recipes. Bloomsbury USA.
- Ekkeg, Christoph C. Dead Man Cooking: Last Meals From Deathrow. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2015.
- Final Meal Requests. Texas Department of Criminal Justice (2003-09-12)
- Fleury, John. The Death Row Cookbook: The Famous Last Meals (With Recipes) of Death Row Convict. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2014.
- Gatorade to lobster: Serial killers' last meals -- HLN (19 November 2015)
- Gordon, Terri J. “Debt, Guilt, and Hungry Ghosts: A Foucauldian Perspective on Bigert’s and Bergström’s Last Supper [film].” Cabinet Magazine. N.p., 2006.
- Haugen, Lee. "Last Meals of America: Works Cited." Ms. 30 April 2010.
- Hickey Jennifer G. Dining In With Capital Punishment. BNET, Insight on the News, 28 May 2001.
- I'll Have 24 Tacos and the Filet Mignon: Can a prisoner request anything for his last meal? -- Slate (10 November 2009)
- Is This Prison Food Cruel And Unusual? -- BuzzFeed Video
- Jeung, Stevie. "'I Did Not Get My Spaghetti-O’s': Death Row Consumption in the Popular Media.” UCDavis Magazine Online. University of California, Davis, Volume 26 · Number 2 · Winter 2009.
- Johnson, Celeste, Ceyma Bina, Tina Cornelius, Barbara Holder, Trenda Kemmerer, and Louanne Larson. From the Big House to Your House: Cooking in Prison. Seattle, WA: The Justice Institute, 2010.
- Jones, Michael Owen. “Dining on Death Row: Last Meals and the Crutch of Ritual.” The Journal of American Folklore, vol. 127, no. 503, 2014, pp. 3–26. JSTOR, <www.jstor.org/stable/10.5406/jamerfolk.127.503.0003>.
- Karon, Tony. “Why We’re Fascinated by Death Row Cuisine.” Time, 10 August 2000.
- Kimball, Christopher. Fannie's Last Supper: Re-creating One Amazing Meal from Fannie Farmer's 1896 Cookbook. NY: Hyperion, 2010. [Homepage] [Documentary Film Information]
- Mitchell, Patricia B. Yanks, Rebels, Rats, and Rations: Scratching for Food in Civil War Prison Camps.
Patricia B. Mitchell, 2012.
- "Preparing Last Meals" from "Food & Life," Episode 1 of The Meaning of Food, PBS (approx 180 min., 2005, DVD 1700)
- Price, Brian D. Meals to Die for. Dyna-Paige, 2004.
- Treadwell, Ty, and Michelle Vernon. Last Suppers: Famous Final Meals from Death Row. Loompanics, 2001.
- Ugelvik, Thomas.
The hidden food: Mealtime resistance and identity work in a Norwegian prison. Punishment & Society, January 2011 vol. 13 no. 1 47-63.
- Vogel, Mark R. “Dining on Death Row.” Food for Thought, 27 December 2006.
- West, Caroline, and Mark Latter. Last Suppers: A Collection of Final Meals Through the Years. CICO Books, 2014.
- What Do People Eat When They Have One Meal to Live? -- Dashiell Bennett, The Wire, Atlantic (21 September 2012)
- Why We’re Fascinated by Death Row Cuisine -- TIME (10 August 2000)