Aztecs storing maize.
late 16th century
- maize / agriculture
- Amazing Maze Of Maize Evolution: Study On Maize Domestication May Help Improve Crop Yields -- ScienceDaily (02 October 2009)
- American Corn Growers Association (ACGA)
- Archeology And Genetics Team Up To Put A Much Earlier Date On South American Agriculture -- Science Daily (5 March 2006)
- Archaeology of Maise -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Zillion Uses for Corn
- Aztec Cooking --World Hearth Circle of International Cooking
- Aztec cuisine -- Wikipedia
- Baker, Lauren E. Corn Meets Maize: Food Movements in Mexico. Lanham, MD: Altamira Press, 2013.
- Brown, Lester R. Full Planet, Empty Plates: The New Geopolitics of Food Scarcity. NY: W.W. Norton, 2012.
- Corn Facts -- soyatech
- Corn: It's Not for Cocktails -- Science (23 March 2009)
- Corn Refiner's Association
- Corn smut? Tastes great and good for you, too: Gnarly huitlacoche fungus has high nutritional value, new test shows -- MARTHA MENDOZA, MSNBC (27 April 2010)
- Domesticated plants of Mesoamerica -- Wikipedia
- Does the Bible have errors, since it says that corn existed in the Middle East over 2,000 years ago? -- Rich Deem, godandscience.org
- The earliest archaeological maize (Zea mays L.) from highland Mexico -- D. R. Piperno and K. V. Flannery
- Earliest Evidence Of Domesticated Maize Discovered: Dates Back 8,700 Years -- ScienceDaily (25 March r 2009)
- Earliest Signs Of Corn As Staple Food Found After Spreading South From Mexican Homeland -- Science Daily (25 March 2008)
- Fitting, Liz. "Food Sovereignty: A Critical Dialogue." (2013).
- The Food Timeline –
Lynne Olver, Morris County Library NJ
- Fussell, Betty Harper. The Story of Corn. NY: Alfred A. Knop, 1994.
- Have a look at La Maestra Diana Kennedy, 88, show you how to make a proper corn tortilla: <http://www.texasmonthly.com/multimedia/video/15303> -- Texas Monthy (December 2010, 113)
- Maize [Research & Impact: Areas of Research] -- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- Maize (Corn) May Have Been Domesticated In Mexico As Early As 10,000 Years Ago -- ScienceDaily (30 June 2008)
- Maize of Guatemala
- Maize May Have Fueled Ancient Andean Civilization: Prehistoric skeletons yield evidence that farming of crop led to the rise of an early state society -- Science News (08 July 2009)
- Maize Was Passed from Group to Group of Southwestern Hunter-Gatherers, Study Suggests -- ScienceDaily (08 December 2009)
- Maya Murals Give Rare View of Everyday Life -- LiveScience (09 November 2009)
- Mutant Corn Calls for Rescue When Killers Attack -- National Geographic (03 August 2009)
- Newman, Kara. The Secret Financial Life of Food: From Commodities Markets to Supermarkets. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- New World foods: introduced to Europe by the Columbian Exchange
- Popcorn: A Symposium -- Diner's Journal, New York Times (6 April 2007)
- Popcorn Board
- Pre-Conquest Aztec Cooking -- Jennifer Edwards Ring
- Researchers find the earliest evidence of domesticated maize -- EurekAlert (23 March 2009)
- Staller, John E., Robert H. Tykot, and Bruce F. Benz, Eds. Histories of Maize: Multidisciplinary Approaches to the Prehistory, Linguistics, Biogeography, Domestication, and Evolution of Maize. Burlington, MA: Academic Press, 2006.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- Tracking the Ancestry of Corn Back 9,000 Years -- New York Times (24 May 2010)
- USDA Economic Research Service
- Weed to Wonder -- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Atkinson, Sonja. The Aztec Way to Healthy Eating. 1992. NY: Paragon House.
- Coe, Sophie D. America's First Cuisines. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press, 1994.
- Johannessen, Sissel, and Christine Ann Hastorf. Corn and Culture in the Prehistoric New World. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1994.
- Mangelsdorf, Paul C. Corn: Corn: Its Origin, Evolution and Improvement. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Presss, 1974.
- Visser, Margaret. Much Depends on Dinner: The Extraordinary History and Mythology, Allure and Obsessions, Perils and Taboos of an Ordinary Meal. NY: Grove, 2010 .
Image of Zea mays from Flora von Deutschland Österreich und der Schweiz