- Africa Revives Hardy, Local Rice vs Asian Cousin -- Reuters (21 May 2010)
- big picture agriculture [rice production statistics]
- Black Rice -- Blackrice.com
- Brown, Lester R. Full Planet, Empty Plates: The New Geopolitics of Food Scarcity. NY: W.W. Norton, 2012.
- Carney, Judith A. Black Rice: The African Origins of Rice Cultivation in the Americas. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2001.
- Chang, Te-Tzu. “Economic and Biological Importance of Rice.” The Cambridge World History of Food.
- Davidson, Joanna. Sacred Rice: An Ethnography of Identity, Environment, and Development in Rural West Africa. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Early agriculture left traces in animal bones -- EurekAlert (23 March 2009)
- Early Agriculture Left Traces In Animal Bones - ScienceDaily (2009-03-23)
- Early Chinese May Have Eaten Millet Before Rice - Science (2009-03-25)
- Fresh proof of China being cradle of rice cultivation - China Daily (2009-03-27)
- Food Security in Asia and the Changing Role of Rice -- The Asia Foundation (October 2010)
- Freeman, Michael. Ricelands: The World of South-east Asian Food. London: Reaktion, 2008.
- Fresh proof of China being cradle of rice cultivation -- China Daily (27 March 2009)
- The Golden Rice Project -- goldenrice.org
- Hamilton, Roy W. The Art of Rice: Spirit and Sustenance in Asia. University of California Los Angeles, Fowler, 2004.
- International Rice Research Institute
- Is Rice Domestication to Blame for Red-Faced Asians? -- Science (20 January 2010)
- On Rice Production and Stocks -- big picture agriculture (05 February 2010)
- Proctor H. B. Rice: its history, culture, manufacture, and food value. London: William Dunham, 1882. [Facimile edition: Nabu Press, 2010.]
- Rice [Research & Impact: Areas of Research] -- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- Revealing the Ancient Chinese Secret of Sticky Rice Mortar -- ScienceDaily (01 June 2010)
- Rice Anatomy -- Section of Plant Biology, Division of Biological Sciences , UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS
- Rice -- Te-Tzu Chang, Cambridge World HIstory of Food
- Rice -- Wikibooks Cookbook
- Rice Export Statistics -- big picture agriculture (22 November 2010)
- Rice: History & Types Of Rice -- The Nibble: The Magazine about Speciality Foods
- Sharma, S. D. Rice: Origin, Antiquity and History. Science Publishers, 2010.
- Smith, C. Wayne and Robert Henry Dilday. Rice: origin, history, technology, and production. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- Thai Hill Farmers Help Preserve Genetic Diversity of Rice -- EurekAlert (14 January 2010)
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- USDA Economic Research Service
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. 1973. Rice in the United States: Varieties and production. USDA Agricultural Research Service, Handbook No. 289. Washington, D.C.
- Visser, Margaret. Much Depends on Dinner: The Extraordinary History and Mythology, Allure and Obsessions, Perils and Taboos of an Ordinary Meal. NY: Grove, 2010 .
- Wild Food Crop Relatives to Be 'Rescued' -- BBC News (10 December 2010)
- Wilk, Richard and Livia Barbosa (Eds.). Rice and Beans: A Unique Dish in a Hundred Places. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2012.
- Zubaida, Sami and Richard Tapper (Eds.). A Taste of Thyme: Culinary Cultures of the Middle East. NY: Tauris, 2001.
Uncooked, polished, white long-grain rice grains
Unpolished long-grain rice grains with bran
American long-grain rice plants