- Adrià, Ferran. Modern Gastronomy: A to Z: A Scientific and Gastronomic Lexicon. Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 2009.
- Advanced Classroom Experiments and Resources in Food Science -- Food Science, Pennsylvania State University
- video: The Ascent of Man: "The Drive for Power" (08 of 13) -- Jacob Bronowski [The Industrial Revolution and the effect on everyday life] (52 min., 1974, UM DULUTH Library Multimedia VC 81)
- Barham, Peter. The Science of Cooking. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- Bringing food chemistry to life: A blog about food and its components -- Andrew Ross, Oregon State University
- Cheesberger Chemistry -- Science360
- The Chemistry of Amino Acids -- The Biological Project, Biochemistry, University of Arizona
- Collins, James H. The story of canned foods. NY: Dutton, 1924l
- video: "Eat, Drink and Be Merry," Connections [TV Program 8: The development of efficient food storage methods is explored, from tin cans to refrigeration to low temperature gas storage to rocket propulsion. ] (UM DULUTH Library Multimedia VC 96)
- video: Food Design -- Directed by Martin Hablesreiter and Sonja Stummerer (Food Design takes a sneak peek into the secret laboratories of a major food manufacturer, where designers and scientists are developing your favorite mouthful of tomorrow) [contains advertising]
- Joachim, David. The Science of Good Food: The Ultimate Reference on How Cooking Works. Robert Rose, 2008.
- Kamozawa, Aki. Ideas in Food: Great Recipes and Why They Work. NY: Clarkson-Potter, Crown Publishing Group, 2010.
- Kessler, David. The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite. Rodale, 2009.
[Such foods he argues, artfully layer fat on sugar on salt on fat (I've begun to see this as an acronymn--FOS/SOF or more musically "Frankenfoods") to release the brain chemical dopamine, leading to a kind of "conditioned hypereating." -- RH]
- Kitchen Science Experiments -- The Naked Scientists: Science Radio & Science Podcasts
- Kurlansky, Mark. Birdseye: The Adventures of a Curious Man. NY: Doubleday, 2012.
- Lustig, Robert H. Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease. NY: Hudwon Street Press / Penguine, 2012.
- McGee, Harold. The Curious Cook: More Kitchen Science and Lore. NY: Farrar, Strauss & Giroux, 1990.
- McGee, Harold. On Food and Cooking. NY: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1984.
- Myhrvold, Nathan. Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking, Vols. 1-5. The Cooking Lab, 2011.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Nestle, Marion, and Malden Nesheim. Why Calories Count: From Science to Politics. University of California Press, 2012.
- Parrish, Marlene, and Robert L. Wolke.
What Einstein Told His Cook 2: The Sequel: Further Adventures in Kitchen Science. NY: W.W. Norton, 2005.
- Potter, Jeff.
Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly Media, 2010.
- Processed Foods -- HuffingtonPost
- Riddervold, Astri, and Andreas Ropeid. Food Conservation: Papers given to the International Conference on Ethnological Food Research. Prospect, 1988.
- The Science of Good Cooking -- Cook's Illustrated
- Shephard, Sue. Pickled, Potted, and Canned: How the Art and Science of Food Preserving Changed the World. NY: Simon & Schuster, 2006.
- Steinkraus, Keith. Handbook of Indigenous Fermented Foods. CRC, 1995.
- "Tea Chemistry," The Periodic Table of Videos -- University of Nottingham
- This, Hervé. Building a Meal: From Molecular Gastronomy to Culinary Constructivism. NY: Columbia University Press, 2009.
- This, Hervé, and Jody Gladding. Kitchen Mysteries: Revealing the Science of Cooking. NY: Columbia University Press, 2010.
- This, Hervé. Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor. NY: Columbia University Press, 2008.
- This, Hervé. The Science of the Oven. NY: Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Thorn, Stuart. The History of Food Preservation. Rowman & Littlefield, 1986. [Totowa, NJ: Barnes & Noble, 1986]
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food -- Brett Martin, The Smithsonian Magazine (June 2013)
- Walker, Harlan (Ed.). Food on the Move: Proceedings of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery, 1996. Blackawton, Devon, UK: Prospect, 1996.
- Wilson, Annne C. Waste Not, Want Not: Food Preservation from Early Times to the Present Day. Edinburgh University Press, 1992.
- Wolke, Robert L. What Einstein Told His Cook: Kitchen Science Explained. NY: W.W. Norton, 2002.