- Guide to Food Safety in the Home -- The Renters Guide (Thanks Shiann)
- Health Observatory -- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Kessler, David. The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite. Rodale, 2009.
[Such foods he argues, artfully layer fat on sugar on salt on fat (I've begun to see this as an acronymn--FOS/SOF or more musically "Frankenfoods") to release the brain chemical dopamine, leading to a kind of "conditioned hypereating." -- RH]
- Goodall, Jane. Harvest for Hope: A Guide to Mindful Eating. NY: Wellness Cenral/Hachette, 2006.
- Herron, Katrina, Ed. Slow Food Natin's Come to the Table: The Slow Food Way of Living. San Francisco: Modern Times, 2008.
- Kimbrell, Andrew, Ed. Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture. Sausalito, CA: Foundation for Deep Ecology, 2002.
- Levenstein, Harvey. Fear of Food: A History of Why We Worry about What We Eat. University of Chicago Press, 2012.
- Nestle, Marion. Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2010.
- Nestle, Marion. What to Eat. NY: North Point, 2007.
- Nutrition, Health & Food Safety Programs -- Colorado State University Extension
- Organic Consumers Association
- Pachirat, Timothy. Every Twelve Seconds: Industrialized Slaughter and the Politics of Sight. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2011.
- Rampton, Sheldon, and John C. Stauber. Mad Cow U.S.A.: Could the Nightmare Happen Here? Monroe, MA: Common Courage, 1997.
- Robin, Marie-Monique. The World According to Monsanto. New Press, 2012.
- Salatin, Joel. Holy Cows and Hog Heaven: The Food Buyer's Guide to Farm-Fresh Food. Swoope, VA: Polyface, 2006.
- True Food Network -- Center for Food Safety
- USDA Economic Research Service
- [video] When Food Kills (2005, 10 min.) -- [from Top Documentary Films]