- Craig, Geoffrey and Wendy Parkins. Slow Living. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2006.
- Fast food -- Wikipedia
- Fast Food Culture 'Makes Us Rush Unnecessarily' -- Telegraph (18 April 2010)
- The Food Museum
- Lake Superior Good Food Network
- Local food -- Wikipedia
- Herron, Katrina, Ed. Slow Food Nation's Come to the Table: The Slow Food Way of Living. San Francisco: Modern Times, 2008.
- film: Ingredients: The Local Food Movement Takes Root (67
- Martins, Patrick, with Mike Edison. The Carnivore's Manifesto: Eating Well, Eating Responsibly, and Eating Meat. NY: Little, Brown, 2014.
- Money where your mouth is: Slow money is a movement to invest in what you eat -- Kara McGuire, Star-Tribune, 18 October 2009, pp. D1,D3.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Coming Home to Eat: The Pleasures and Politics of Local Foods. W.W. Norton, 2004.
- Oxford Companion to Food:
Slow Food an Excerpt -- Food and Drink (02 November 2006)
- Paxson, Heather. 2005. "Slow Food in a Fat Society" (pdf). Gastronomica: The Journal of Food and Culture, Vol. 5, No. 1., pp. 14-18.
- Petrini, Carlo. Slow Food: The Case for Taste. NY: Columbia University Press, 2003.
- Petrini, Carlo. Slow Food Nation: Why Our Food Should Be Good, Clean, And Fair. NY: Rizzoli Ex Libris, 2007.
- Petrini, Carlo and Gigi Padovani. Slow Food Revolution: A New Culture for Eating and Living. NY: Rizzoli Ex Libris, 2006.
- Pollan, Michael. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto. NY: Penguin, 2008.
- Pollan, Michael. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals. NY: Penguin, 2007.