- About McDonald's -- McDonald's
- A Brief History of McDonald's Abroad -- Randy James, Time (28 October 2009)
- Adventures in Fast Food
- Beahrs, Andrew. Twain's Feast: Searching for America's Lost Foods in the Footsteps of Samuel Clemens. NY: The Penguin Press, 2010.
- Carmichael, Mary .
How Fat Went Global: It's not just Americans anymore; the whole world is becoming obese, and we have more than just the advent of cheap cheeseburgers to blame.
Newsweek Web Exclusive (18 December 2008)
- Cardello, Hank, and Doug Garr. Stuffed: an Insider's Look at Who's (really) Making America Fat. New York: Ecco, 2009.
- Counihan, Carole M. The Anthropology of Food and Body: Gender, Meaning and Power. NY: Routledge, 1999.
- [video] Fast Food Baby (2011, 60 min.) -- [from Top Documentary Films]
- "The Fast Food Factory" -- BBCWorldService
- Fast Food Forward
- Finkelstein, Eric A., and Laurie Zuckerman. The Fattening of America: How The Economy Makes Us Fat, If It Matters, and What To Do About It. NY: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
- Glassner, Barry. The Gospel of Food: Everything You Think You Know about Food is Wrong. NY: Harper Collins, 2007.
- Health Observatory -- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Millstone, Erik, and Tim Lang. The Atlas of Food: Who Eats What, Where, and Why. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2008.
- Nestle, Marion. Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition, Revised and Expanded Edition. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2007.
- Nutrition transition -- Wikipedia
- Pollan, Michael. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals. NY: Penguin, 2007.
- Princeton Food Conference 2006
- QSR magazine
- Ritzer, George F., McDonaldization: The Reader. Pine Forge Press; Third Ed., 2009.
- Ritzer, George F.
The McDonaldization of Society: An Investigation into the Changing Character of Contemporary Social Life. Pine Forge Press; Revised Ed.,1995.
- Ritzer, George F.
The McDonaldization of Society 6. Pine Forge Press; 6th Ed., 2010.
- Schlosser, Eric. Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. NY: Houghton Mifflin, 2001.
- Simon, Michele. Appetite for Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health, and How to Fight Back. NY: Nation/Avalon Publishing Co., 2006.
- Smart, Barry. Resisting McDonaldization. Sage, 1999.
- Smith, Andrew F. Encyclopedia of Junk Food and Fast Food. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2006.
- Supersizing Europe: The McDonald's Stimulus Plan -- Bruce Crumley, Time (26 Jnauary 2009).
- Why Quick, Cheap Food Is Actually More Expensive -- Dr. Mark Hyman, The Huffington Post (14 August 2010)