- Allen, Will, with Charles Wilson. The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities. NY: Gotham/Penguin, 2013.
- American chefs -- Wikipedia
- American food writers -- Wikipedia
- Beahrs, Andrew. Twain's Feast: Searching for America's Lost Foods in the Footsteps of Samuel Clemens. NY: The Penguin Press, 2010.
- Chefs by nationality -- Wikipedia
- Duncan Hines: The Original Road Warrior Who Shaped Restaurant History -- NPR, The Salt (26 March 2017)
- Fannie Farmer
- Feeding America: The Historic American Cookbook Project -- Michigan State University Libraries and the Michigan State University Museum
- Food writers -- Wikipedia
- Food writing -- Wikipedia
- Kimball, Chris. Fannie's Last Supper: Re-creating One Amazing Meal from Fammie Farmer's 1896 Cookbook. NY: Hyperion, 2010.
- Kurlansky, Mark. Birdseye: The Adventures of a Curious Man. NY: Doubleday, 2012.
- Mendelson, Anne. Stand Facing the Stove: The Story of the Women Who Gave America The Joy of Cooking [Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker]. NY: Henry Holt, 1996.
- Plante, Ellen M. The American Kitchen: 1700 to the Present. NY: Facts on File, 1995.
- Price, Victoria. Vincent Price: Cooking Price-Wise--A Culinary Legend. NY: Dover, 2017 (London: Transworld, 1971.)
- Shapiro, Laura. What She Ate: Six Remarkable Women and the Food That Tells Their Stories. NY: Penguin, 2017. [Dorothy Wordsworth, Rosa Lewis, Eleanor Roosevelt, Eva Braun, Barbara Pym, Helen Gurley Brown]
- Theophano, Janet. Eat My Words: Reading Women's Lives through the Cookbooks They Wrote: NY: Palgrave, 2002.