- Chefs Collaborative -- ". . . a national organiation that promotes sustainably raised, locally grown, artisan food. Membership is open to anyone intrested in the interconnectedness of the environment and food choices" (Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope)
- Community Supported Agriculture -- USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service
- Crossroads Resource Center
- Densmore, Frances, "Uses of Plants by the Chippewa Indians," U.S. Bureau of American Ethnology, Annual Report, 1926-1927, 44 (1928), 275-397. (Reprinted as How Indians Use Wild Plants for Food, Medicine, and Crafts. New York: Dover, 1974).
- Farmers Markets and Wholesale -- USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service
- FarmFolk/CityFolk Society
- Farming & Countryside Education (FACE) -- Great Britain
- Food and Water Watch
- Food Heroes -- BBC Food
- The Food Museum
- Food Routes
- Friends of the Earth Europe
- Goodman, Mike, Lewis Holloway, Moya Kneafsey, and Damian Maye. Geographies of food: An Introduction. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2014.
- Halweil, Brian. Eat Here: Homegrown Pleasures in a Global Supermarket.
W. W. Norton, 2004.
- Jordan, Jennifer. Edible Memory: The Lure of Heirloom Tomatoes and Other Forgotten Foods. University Of Chicago Press, 2015
- Kingsolver, Barbara, Camille Kingsolver, and Steven L. Hopp. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life (P.S.). NY: HarperCollins, 2007. <www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/> (Indices)
- Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food -- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association -- a farmer-driven organization that works to build sustainable farming systems in the Lake Superior region
- Land Stewardship Project
- Local Harvest
- Locavore nation -- The Splended Table
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota Locavore
- Nabhan, Gary Paul (Ed.). Forward by Deborah Madison. Renewing America's Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent's Most Endangered Foods. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2008.
- Native Seeds/SEARCH
- Navdanya [New Delhi, India: a network of seed keepers and organic producers spread across 16 states in India]
- Northern Harvest Farm -- Richard and Karola Dalen, 2572 Country Road 102, Wrenshall, MN
- Pellegrini, Georgia. Food Heroes: 16 Culinary Artisans Preserving Tradition. Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 2010.
- Polyface Farms
- Rodale Institute
- Roufs, Timothy G. American Indian Oral History Collection, American Indian Oral History Collection, Vol. II, No. 21 -- Traditional
Foods. (Paul Buffalo, et al. audiotape. Paul Buffalo
discusses wild rice.) Dr. Joseph H. Cash, General Editor. New York:
Clearwater Publishing Company,
1981. [UM DULUTH Library Multimedia PC 1203; see also microfiche collection]