- 'Doomsday' vault opens its doors -- BBCNews (26 February 2008)
- Pictures: "Doomsday" Seed Vault Safeguards Our Food Supply -- National Geographic (2 July 2012)
- Duluth Seed Library
- Evolution and Domestication of Seed Structure Shown to Use Same Genetic Mutation -- ScienceDaily (07 July 2011)
- Fowler, Cary -- Wikipedia
- Global Crop Diversity Trust -- Wikipedia
- List of Common Botanical Seed Names -- AsureQuality
- The Millennium Seed Bank Project
-- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- More seeds for 'doomsday vault'-- BBCNews (26 February 2009)
- Nabhan, Gary Paul -- Wikipedia
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Enduring Seeds: Native American Agriculture and Wild Plant Conservation. University of Arizona Press, 2002.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul (Ed.). Forward by Deborah Madison. Renewing America's Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent's Most Endangered Foods. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2008.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Where Our Food Comes From: Retracing Nikolay Vavilov's Quest to End Famine. Island, 2011.
- Nobel Conference 46 Making Food Good Conference -- Gustavus Adolphus College (5-6 October 2010)
(archives are available online at <http://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2010/archive.php>)
- Peruvian Potato Farmers Launch Ambitious Plan to Send 1,500 Varieties to Arctic Seed Vault -- EurekAlert (15 February 2011)
- Planting 'seeds of hope' -- CNN Heroes (15 July 2011)
- 'Red hot' chillies arrive at frozen seed vault-- BBCNews (12 July 2010)
- Rich research pickings at the Svalbard Global Seed Vault -- Global Crop Diversity Trust
- The Seed Biology Place -- Gerhard Leubner, University of Freiburg, Germany
- The Seed Site
- The Svalbard Global Seed Vault -- Ministery of Agriculture and Food, Oslo, Norway
- Svalbard seed vault to take Peruvian potato samples-- BBCNews (17 February 2011)
- Thoreau, Henry David. (Ed. by Bradley P. Dean). Faith in a Seed: The Dispersion Of Seeds And Other Late Natural History Writings. Island Press, 1996.
- TIME's Best Inventions 2008: The Global Seed Vault
- Top 100 Stories of 2008 #20: The “Doomsday Vault” Stores Seeds for a Global Agriculture Reboot -- Discover (19 December 2008)
- What's going into Norway's 'doomsday vault'? -- Julia Layton, howstuffworks (15 February 2007)
- Wild Food Crop Relatives to Be 'Rescued'-- BBC News (10 December 2010)