- 3,000-year-old butter found in Kildare bog -- Leinster Leader, Kildare Today (19 August 2009)
- A Tail of Two Dairies--How to End the Crisis on Our Farms -- Barry Estabrook, Gastronomica, Fall 2010, pp. 48-52
- Bones Reveal 18th and 19th-Century Breastfeeding Fads -- NewScientist (03 Novwmvwe 2011)
- Cheese curds -- Louisa Kamps, The New York Times, (17 October 2014)
- Central Europeans Were First Adults to Drink Milk -- New Scientist (28 August 2009)
- Century-Old Butter Found in Antarctica -- DiscoveryNews (16 December 2009)
- Chemical Analysis Reveals First Cheese-Making in Northern Europe 7,000 Years Ago -- ScienceDaily (12 December 2012)
- Cows Are Key to 2,500 Years of Human Progress -- Guardian (04 April 2010)
- Cows with Names Make More Milk -- LiveScience (27 January 2009)
- Dalby, Andrew. Cheese: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2009.
- Dairy and the US Congress -- University of Vermont Libraries
- de Garine, Igor, and Valerie de Garine, (Eds.). Drinking: Anthropological Approaches. Anthropology of Food & Nutrition Series. NY: Berghahn, 2001.
- The Feta Cheese Dispute: Issues of Regional Identification Involving EU Regulations and “National” Brands of Food -- Mike Peluso (20 November 2005)
- First Americans Brought Anthrax? -- National Geographic News (23 March 2009)
- The Foods that Make Billions -- Top Documentary Films (177 min., 2010)
The Foods that Make Billions -- BBC Two
OU on the BBC: The Foods That Make Billions [including episode guides and discussions and extras]
-- Open University (flyer)
The Foods That Make Billions 1 - "Liquid Gold" [bottled water industry] (2010)
The Foods That Make Billions 2 - "The Age of Plenty" [cereals] (2010) (alternate link) (alternate link)
The Foods That Make Billions 3 -- "Pots of Gold" [yoghurt] YouTube
- Freidberg, Susanne. "Milk: Border Politics," Ch. 6 of FRESH: A Perishable History. Harvard Belknap, 2010.
- Kirby, David. Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment. NY: St. Martin's, 2010.
- Lawrence, Felicity. Eat Your Heart Out: Why the Food Business is Bad for the Planet and Your Health. London: Penguin Books, 2008.
- Lawrence, Felicity. Not on the Label: What Really Goes into The Food on Your Plate, Revised Edition. London: Penguin Books, 2013.
- Le, Stephen. 100 Million Years of Food: What Our Ancestors Ate and Why it Matters Today. NY: Picador, 2016.
- Levenstein, Harvey. Fear of Food: A History of Why We Worry about What We Eat. University of Chicago Press, 2012.
- McGee, Harold. On Food and Cooking. NY: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1984.
- Khosrova, Elaine. Butter: A Rich History. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin Books, 2016.
- Kostioukovitch, Elena. Why Italians Love to Talk About Food. NY: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006. [English translation by Anne Milano Appel, 2009]
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Dairy, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Cereals, Fruit, Vegetalbes, Herbs etc.
- Mendelson, Ann. Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages. Alfred Knopf, 2008.
- Michelson, Patricia. Cheese: Exploring Taste and Tradition. Gibbs Smith, 2010.
- Milk Drinking Started Around 7,500 Years Ago In Central Europe -- ScienceDaily (27 August 2009)
- Milking the Sahara – 7000 years ago -- Past Horizons (26 June 2012)
- Newman, Kara. The Secret Financial Life of Food: From Commodities Markets to Supermarkets. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Of Neanderthals and dairy farmers -- Harvard University Gazette (11 December 2008)
- Paxon, Heather. "Locating Value in Artisan Cheese: Reverse Engineering Terroir for New-World Landscapes," American Anthropologist, Vol. 112, No. 3 (September 2010), pp. 444-457.
- Pottery Shards Put a Date on Africa’s Dairying -- Nature (20 June 2012)
- Profit triples at Land O'Lakes; sales up 13% -- StarTribune (10 May 2011)
- Significance Of Milk In Development Of Culture To Be Studied -- Science Daily (9/4/08)
- Smart Meat and Dairy Guide (PDF) -- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Stone Age Milk Use Began 2,000 Years Earlier -- National Geographic News (06 August 2008)
- Stone Age Scandinavians Unable to Digest Milk, Study Shows -- ScienceDaily (01 April 2010)
- "Syltemilk and Ecological Adaptation," Ch. 8 of Bringéus, Nils-Arvid. Man, Food and Milieu: A Swedish Approach to Food Ethnology. Tuckwell, 2001.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- USDA Economic Research Service
- Vermeer's Masterpiece: The Milkmaid -- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Visser, Margaret. Much Depends on Dinner: The Extraordinary History and Mythology, Allure and Obsessions, Perils and Taboos of an Ordinary Meal. NY: Grove, 2010 .
- Warner, Melanie. Pandora’s Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Meal. NY: Scribner, 2013.
- While Warning About Fat, U.S. Pushes Cheese Sales -- By MICHAEL MOSS
When sales of Domino's Pizza were lagging, a government agency stepped in with advice: more cheese. This is the same government that, for health reasons, is advising less cheese.
[in other words, buy cheese, but don't eat it.]
- Wiley, Andrea S. Re-Imaging Milk. NY: Routledge, 2011.