- Berde, Stuart. "Wild Ricing: The Transformation of an Aboriginal
Subsistence Pattern" in J. Anthony Paredes, Anishinabe : 6 studies of modern Chippewa. Tallahassee: University Presses of Florida, 1979.
- California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- Coleman, Bernard. (July 1953) The Ojibwa and the Wild Rice Problem. Anthropological Quarterly, Vol. 26, No. 3, New Series Vol. 1, pp 79-88.
- Eastern Wild Rice Watershed [Minnesota] -- US Environmental Protection Agency
- F.E.A.S.T. by the Bay, Farm to School Programs in the Ashland, Bayfield, and Washburn School Districts, of the Chequamegon Bay Region.
- Hauser, Susan Carol. Wild Rice Cooking. Guilford, CT: Lyons, 2000.
- Hayes, P. M. & R. E. Stucker. "The Domestication of American Wildrice (Zizania palustris, Poaceae)." Economic Botany, Vol. 43, No. 2 (June 1989), pp. 203-214.
- Horne, Francis & Ari Kahn. "Phylogeny of North American Wild Rice, a Theory." The Southwestern Naturalist, Vol. 42, No. 4 (December 1997) , pp. 423-434.
- International Wild Rice Association
- Jenks, Albert Ernest. The wild rice gatherers of the upper lakes: a study in American primitive Economics. (Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institute, Extract from the Nineteenth Annual Report of the Bureau of American Ethnology) 1901.
- Kaplan, Anne R., Marjorie A. Hoover, and Willard B. Moore. The Minnesota Ethnic Food Book. Saint Paul: Minnesota Historical Society, 1986.
- Kosban, Harold. The Taming of Wild Rice. Grand Rapids, Mn: Treasure Bay, 2005.
- Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice Council
- Nabhan, Gary Paul (Ed.). Forward by Deborah Madison. "Wild Rice Nation," in Renewing America's Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent's Most Endangered Foods. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2008.
- Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Wild rice, cooked -- NutritionData
- Ojibwe Food Traditions -- F.E.A.S.T. by the Bay, Farm to School Programs in the Ashland, Bayfield, and Washburn School Districts, of the Chequamegon Bay Region.
- Regguinti, Gordon. 1992. The Sacred Harvest: Ojibway Wild Rice Gathering. Minneapolis, MN: Lerner Publications.
- Roufs, Timothy G. American Indian Oral History Collection, American Indian Oral History Collection, Vol. II, No. 21 -- Traditional Foods. (Paul Buffalo, et al. audiotape. Paul Buffalo discusses wild rice.) Dr. Joseph H. Cash, General Editor. New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, 1981. [UM DULUTH Library Multimedia PC 1203; see also microfiche collection]
- Roufs, Timothy G. "Mah-no-min-i-kay Gii-siss: Wild Ricing Moon," in When Everybody Called Me Gah-bay-bi-nayss: "Forever-Flying-Bird" An Ethnographic Biography of Paul Peter Buffalo.
- Save Wild Rice
- Scofield, Carl Schurz. Wild Rice: Its Uses and Propagation. Issue 50 of Bulletin (United States. Bureau of Plant Industry), 1903.
- Steeves, Taylor A. "WildRice: Indian Food and a Modern Delicacy." Economic Botany, Vol. 6, No. 2 (June 1952), pp. 107-142.
- Taube, Edward. "Wild Rice." The Scientific Monthly, Vol. 73, No. 6 (December 1951) , pp. 369-375.
- Texas Wild-rice (Zizania texana) -- Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Vennum, Thomas. Wild Rice and the Ojibway People. St. Paul, MN: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 1988.
- Waterman Wittstock, Laura, and Dale Kakkak. Ininatig's Gift of Sugar: Traditional Native Sugarmaking. Minneapolis: Lerner Publications, 1993.
- Wild Rice -- University of Wisconsin Extension
- Wild Rice
- Wild Rice Harvesting -- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Wild Rice Harvest in Wisconsin -- Wisconsin DNR
- WIld Rice Management -- Minnesota DNR
- Wild Rice Nation
- Zizania aquatica -- Center for New Crops & Plan Products, Purdue University