- Booth, Sue, and John Coveney. Food Democracy: From Consumer to Food Citizen . NY: Springer, 2015.
- Cooking and Cognition: How Humans Got So Smart -- LiveScience (8/11/08)
Cooking Gave Humans Edge Over Apes?
-- Christine Dell'Amore, National Geographic News (13 February 2009)
- Cooking Has Been Both Boon and Bane for Humans -- Wired (2009-02-13)
- De Cássia Vieira Cardoso, Ryzia, Michèle Companion, and Stefano Roberto Marras, Eds. Street Food: Culture, Economy, Health and Governance. NY: Routledge, 2014.
- Deutsch, Jonathan. Barbecue: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2014.
- Did the discovery of cooking make us human? -- BBCNews (02 March 2010)
- [video] Did Cooking Make Us Human?
(52 min., 2010, New York, N.Y. : Films Media Group)
UMD online access
view streaming video (youku)
- How learning to cook increased human brain size --
-- BBCNews (10 December 2010)
- Invention of Cooking Made Having a Bigger Brain an Asset for Humans -- Guardian (22 October 2012)
- Meat, Cooked Foods Needed for Early Human Brain -- LiveScience (19 November 2012)
- Meat, Fire And The Evolution Of Man -- NPR (02 August 2010)
- Pollan, Michael. Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation. NY: Penguin, 2013.
- Shapiro, Laura. Something from the Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950s America. NY: Penguin, 2005.
- Smith, Lindsey P. Shu Wen Ng, and Barry M Popkin. Trends in US home food preparation and consumption: analysis of national nutrition surveys and time use studies from 1965–1966 to 2007–2008. Nutrition Journal. (11 April 2013.)
- Steingarten, Jeffrey. It Must've Been Somethin I Ate. NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 2002.
- Twitty, Michael W. The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South. NY: HarperCollins, 2017.
- Why Are Humans Different From All Other Apes? It’s the Cooking, Stupid -- DWIGHT GARNER, The New York Times (26 May 2009)
- Wrangham, Richard. Catching Fire: How cooking made us human. Basic Books, 2009.