- 200,000-year-old Cut Of Meat: Archaeologists Shed Light On Life, Diet And Society Before The Delicatessen -- Science Daily (15 October 2009)
- Adams, Carol J. The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory. NY: Continuum, 2011. [20th Anniversary Edition]
- [video] American Meat
(85 min., 2011, UM Duluth Library Multimedia BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
(UM Duluth Library Multimedia Guide BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
- Brown, Lester R. Full Planet, Empty Plates: The New Geopolitics of Food Scarcity. NY: W.W. Norton, 2012.
- [video] Did Cooking Make Us Human?
(52 min., 2010, New York, N.Y. : Films Media Group)
UMD online access
view streaming video (youku)
- Early Human Hunters Had Fewer Meat-sharing Rituals -- ScienceDaily (12 August 2009)
Simulation Game -- Brian D. Jones
- Kraig, Bruce and Patty Carroll.
Man Bites Dog: Hot Dog Culture in America. AltiMira, 2012
- Lee, Paula Young. Game: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2013.
- Martins, Patrick, with Mike Edison. The Carnivore's Manifesto: Eating Well, Eating Responsibly, and Eating Meat. NY: Little, Brown, 2014.
- Meat, Fire And The Evolution Of Man -- NPR (02 August 2010)
- Meat vs. Potatoes: What Our Chimp Ancestors Liked -- LiveScience (13 November 2007)
- Ogle, Maureen. In Meat We Trust: An Unexpected History of Carnivore America. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013.
- Saffron, Foer, Jonathan. Eating Animals. NY: Little, Brown and Company, 2009.
- Schatzker, Mark. Steak: One Man's Search for the World's Tastiest Piece of Beef. NY: Viking Penguin, 2010.
- Steak Dinners Go Back 2.5 Million Years -- MSNBC (09 February 2010)
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- We Evolved To Eat Meat, But How Much Is Too Much? -- NPR (25 June 2012)
- When the woolly mammoth ran out, early man turned to roasted vegetables -- Los Angeles Times (27 December 2008)
- Will People Really Be Forced to Stop Eating Meat? -- LiveScience (29 August 2012)