- Bartoshuk, Linda -- Inside the Psychologist's Studio Videos, Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- Glassner, Barry. The Gospel of Food: Everything You Think You Know about Food is Wrong. NY: Harper Collins, 2007.
- Korsmeyer, Carolyn (Ed.). The Taste Culture Reader: Experiencing Food and Drink. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2005.
- McQuaid, John. Tasty: The Art and Science of What We Eat. NY: Scribner, 2015.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2004.
- Olfaction -- John C. Leffingwell
- Prescott, John. Taste Matters: Why We Like the Foods We Do. London: Reaktion, 2012.
- Roach, Mary. Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal. NY: W.W. Norton & Company, 2013.
- The Science of Picky Eaters -- NOVA scienceNOW (21 July 2009)
- "Variation in sensation and affect: We live in 'different taste worlds'" -- Linda Bartoshuk
Fifth Lecture of the Nobel Conference 46 Making Food Good Conference -- Gustavus Adolphus College (5-6 October 2010)
(archives are available online at <http://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2010/archive.php>)
- Woods, A.T.,
and A. Thomas. Effect of background noise on food perception, Food Quality and Preference, Volume 22, Issue 1, January 2011, Pages 42–47.