- Due tomorrow: Your Analytical Speech
Don't forget to write a press release
and to note the other notes you need to add this time:
- Prepare all writing assignments to hand in next class period.
See information above note on "Handing in Materials."
- Indicate audience and thesis statement at the
top of the first page.
- In one sentence at the top of page one write
what you think is the best feature of your article. In another
sentence write what you think is the main problem with your
- What makes your writing effective? Make a list. Attach
that list to the end of your paper
- When you get your paper back keep track of revisions and suggestions
for revision to help you improve your writing.
- PowerPoint Demonstrations (Handbook, 52b)
Crimson Tide" sentence combining practice exercise for the
- In-class revising of "Coffee and Conversation" talk (P#4)
Write a press release for your "Coffee and Conversation"
presentation (P#4). Include this with
- Check "big" items: outline, logic . . .
- Check "midrange" items: paragraphs, transitions . . .
- Check "small" items: wordiness, mechanics, spelling . . .
Continue research, reading, note taking, and freewriting for
proposal / essay (P#5).
Read something pertaining to your topic and add two
sentences or a paragraph relating to what you have read. Identify
this addition on your drafts. Identify this by writing on your drafts
something like, "this is the new material that I added for Day 15."
At a minimum, read one new source for your proposal / essay project
Make bibliography cards and note cards for your own use.