- allergies, food
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- allergies, food
- British Association of Biological Anthropologists and Osteoarchaeologists
- Canadian Association for Physical Anthropology
- The Center for Genomic Gastronomy ["The Center for Genomic Gastronomy Is an artist-led think tank that examines the biotechnologies and biodiversity of human food systems"]
- Coe, Sophie D. America's First Cuisines. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press, 1994.
- Counihan, Carole. The Anthropology of Food and Body: Gender, Meaning and Power. New York: Routledge, 1999.
- The Digestive System -- Colorado State University
- Earliest Known American Settlers Harvested Seaweed -- National Geographic News (08 May 2008)
- Etkin, Nina L. Foods of Association: Biocultural Perspectives on Foods and Beverages that Mediate Sociability. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 2009.
- Evolutionary Relationships Hold, Even in Our Guts -- Science (16 November 2010)
- food allergies
- Gosden, Chris and Jon G. Hather. The Prehistory of Food: Appetites for Change. Routledge, 1999.
- Halstead, Paul and John C. Barrett. Food, Cuisine and Society in Prehistoric Greece. Oxford: Oxbow Books, 2005.
- The Internet Journal of Biological Anthropology-The Free Online Journal
- Is Rice Domestication to Blame for Red-Faced Asians? -- Science (20 January 2010)
- Jawbones are 'shaped by diet', a study finds -- BBC News (23 November 2011)
- Jaw shape reflects diet -- Past Horizons (23 November 2011)
- Jerome, Norge W., Randy F. Kandel, and Gretel H. Pelto. Nutritional Anthropology: Contemporary Approaches to Diet and Culture. Pleasantville, NY: Redgrave, 1980.
- Johannessen, Sissel, and Christine Ann Hastorf. Corn and Culture in the Prehistoric New World. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1994.
- Journal of Anthropological Sciences
- Lelwica, Michelle Mary. Starving For Salvation: The Spiritual Dimensions of Eating Problems among American Girls and Women. Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Liking Sweets Makes Sense For Kids -- ScienceDaily (20 March 2009)
- McQuaid, John. Tasty: The Art and Science of What We Eat. NY: Scribner, 2015.
- Meat-eating link to early periods -- BBC News (11 June 2010)
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Food, Genes, and Culture: Eating Right for Your Origins. Island Press, 2013.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2004.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse -- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Nestle, Marion, and Malden Nesheim. Why Calories Count: From Science to Politics. University of California Press, 2012.
- Pelto, Gretel H., Alan Goodman, and Darna Dufour (Eds.). Nutritional Anthropology: Biocultural Perspectives on Food and Nutrition. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield, 2000.
- The Psychology, Biology and Politics of Food -- Kelly Brownell, Open Yale Courses, Fall 2008.
- Zaraska, Marta. Meathooked: The History and Science of Our 2.5-Million-Year Obsession with Meat. NY: Basic Books, 2016.
Asian food pyramid
"Dying to be Thin"