- Clark, Taylor. Starbucked: A Double Tall Tale of Caffeen, Commerce, and Culture. NY: Little, Brown, 2007.
- Coffee -- National Geographic (1999)
- Coffee and Qahwa: How a Drink for Arab Mystics Went Global -- John McHugo, BBCNews (17 April 2013)
- Cowan, Brian. The Social Life of Coffee: The Emergence of the British Coffeehouse. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2005.
- Heart-Warming News on Hot Coffee -- New York Times (23 October 2008)
- Jaffee, Daniel. Brewing Justice: Fair Trade Coffee, Sustainability, and Survival. University of California Press, 2007.
- Lyon, Sarah. Coffee and Community: Maya Farmers and Fair Trade Markets. University Press of Colorado, 2010.
- Making Coffee Conversational Again: The Return of the Coffeehouse -- Krystal D'Costa, Anthropology in Practice (30 August 2010)
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Beverages - Coffee, Fruit, Soda Pop, Beer, Ale, Cocktails, Wine
- Manufacturing The Coffee Culture -- Krystal D'Costa, Anthropology in Practice (26 July 2010)
- Morganelli, Adrianna. The Biography of Coffee. Crabtree, 2006.
- National Coffee Association of U.S.A.
- Nehling, Astrid (Ed.). Coffee, Tea, Chocolate, and the Brain. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2004.
- Newman, Kara. The Secret Financial Life of Food: From Commodities Markets to Supermarkets. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Oldenburg, Ray. The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Bookstores, Bars, Hair Salons, and Other Hangouts at the Heart of a Community. Da Capo Press; 3rd edition, 1999.
- Pendergrast, Mark. Uncommon Grounds The History Of Coffee And How It Transformed Our World. NY: Basic, 1999.
- Roseberry, William, Lowell Gudmundson, and K. Mario Sampler (Eds.). Coffee, Society and Power in Latin America. Baltimore: Johns Hokins University Press, 1995.
- Standing, Tom. A History of the World in 6 Glasses. NY: Walker, 2005.
- Thurston, Robert W. (Ed.), Coffee: A Comprehensive Guide to the Bean, the Beverage and the Industry. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2013.
- Topik, Steven C. "Coffee." In The Cambridge World History of Food, ed. by K. F. Kiple and K. C. Ornelas. Cambridge, UK; NY: Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- Tucker, Catherine M. Coffee Culture: Local Experiences, Global Connections (Routledge Series for Creative Teaching and Learning in Anthropology). Routledge; 1 edition, 2010.
- Ukers, William Harrison. All About Coffee. NY: The Tea and Coffee Trade Journal Company, 1922. [Benediction Books, 2009]
- Warm Your Hands, Warm Your Outlook? -- National Geographic News (23 October 2008)
- Weinberg, Bennett A and Bonnie K. Bealer. (2002). The World of Caffeine: The Science and Culture of the World’s Most Popular Drug. NY: Routledge.
- White, Mary. Coffee Life in Japan. University of California Press, 2012.
- Wild, Antony. Coffee: A Dark History. NY: W. W. Norton, 2004.
- The World in a Glass: Six Drinks That Changed History -- nationalgeographic.com (3 October 2005)
Illustration of Coffea arabica plant and seeds