Albala, Ken. The Banquet: Dining in the Great Courts of Late Renaissance Europe. The University of Illinois, 2007.
Ancient Sorcerer's "Wake" Was First Feast for the Dead? -- National Geographic News (30 August 2010)
Baker, James W., and Peter J. Gomes. Thanksgiving: The Biography of an American Holiday. New Hampshire, 2009.
- Blow out! History's 10 greatest banquets -- The Independent (10 February 2007)
Bray, Tamara L. The Archaeology and Politics of Food and Feasting in Early States and Empires. Springer, 2003.
- "The Coronation Ox," Ch. 6 of Bringéus, Nils-Arvid. Man, Food and Milieu: A Swedish Approach to Food Ethnology. Tuckwell, 2001.
- Dietler, Michael and Brian Hayden (Eds.). Feasts: Archaeological and Ethnographic Pespectives on Food, Politics, and Power. University Alabama Press, 2010.
- First Clear Evidence of Organized Feasting by Early Humans -- ScienceDaily (30 August 2010)
- Fraser, Evan D.G., and Andrew Rimas. Empires of Food: Feast, Famine, and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations. NY: Free Press, 2010.
- Naccarato, Peter, and Kathleen LeBesco. Culinary Capital. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2012.
- O'Connor, Kaori. The Never-Ending Feast: The Archaeology and Anthropology of Feasting. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2013.
- Sutton, David E. Remembrance of Repasts: An Anthropology of Food and Memory. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2001.
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.