- Densmore, Frances, "Uses of Plants by the Chippewa Indians," U.S. Bureau of American Ethnology, Annual Report, 1926-1927, 44 (1928), 275-397. (Reprinted as How Indians Use Wild Plants for Food, Medicine, and Crafts. New York: Dover, 1974).
- Dooley, Beth, and Lucia Watson. Savoring the Seasons of The Northern Heartland. NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 1995.
- Duluth Community Garden Program
- Erdrich, Heid E. Original Local: Indigenous Foods, Stories, and Recipes from the Upper Midwest. St. Paul, MN: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2013.
- Farmers Markets and Wholesale -- USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service
- Goodman, Mike, Lewis Holloway, Moya Kneafsey, and Damian Maye. Geographies of food: An Introduction. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2014.
- Hachten, Harva, and Terese Allen. The Flavor of Wisconsin: An Informal History of Food and Eating in the Badger State. Madison, WI: The State Historical Society of Wisconsin, 2009.
- Kaplan, Ann R., Marjorie A. Hoover, and Williard B. Moore. The Minnesota Ethnic Food Book. St. Paul, MN: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2003 .
- Karstadt, Bruce N., Lila Peterson, and Irene Carlson. Var Sa God: Heritage and Favorite Recipes & Handbook of Swedish Traditions. Minneapolis, MN: American Swedish Institute, 2002.
- Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association -- a farmer-driven organization that works to build sustainable farming systems in the Lake Superior region
- Locavore nation -- The Splended Table
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota Locavore
- Nabhan, Gary Paul (Ed.). Forward by Deborah Madison. Renewing America's Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent's Most Endangered Foods. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2008.
- The New School Lunch: Students at St. Olaf's College in Minnesota grow food for their school's cafeteria -- Nancy Mann Jackson, relish (September 2009)
- Northern Harvest Farm
-- Richard and Karola Dalen, 2572 Country Road 102, Wrenshall, MN
- Ojakangas, Beatrice A.The Great Scandinavian Baking Book. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 1999.
- Ojakangas, Beatrice A. Scandinavian Feasts: Celebrating Traditions throughout the Year. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 2001.
- Old Country Cookbook: Iron Range Ethnic Food. Chisholm, MN: Ironworld USA, 1981.
- Puckett, Susan. A Cook's Tour of Iowa. Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa Press, 1990.
- Roufs, Timothy G. American Indian Oral History Collection, American Indian Oral History Collection, Vol. II, No. 21 -- Traditional
Foods. (Paul Buffalo, et al. audiotape. Paul Buffalo
discusses wild rice.) Dr. Joseph H. Cash, General Editor. New York:
Clearwater Publishing Company,
1981. [UM DULUTH Library Multimedia PC 1203; see also microfiche collection]
- Shortridge, Barbara G. Not Just Jello and Hot Dishes: Representative Foods of Minnesota, Journal of Cultural Geography Fall/Winter, Vol. 21, Issue 3, 2003, pp. 71-94.
- Sicherman, Al. Caramel Knowledge: Bostess Bupcakes, Peanut-Butter Coffee, Herring in a Cloud, Wienie Zucchini and More Food and Culinary Musings for the Twisted Mind, Expanded Edition. NY: Harper & Row, 1998.
- Sokolov, Raymond. Fading Feast: A Compendium of Disappearing American Regional Foods. Boston: Godine, 1998.
- Stern, Jane and Michael. Real American Food. NY: Alred A. Knopf, 1986.
- Stern, Jane and Michael. Two for the Road. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2006.
- Superior Grown -- in partnership with Silver Creek Institute, Two Harbors, MN, and the Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association
- Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota
- Trubek, Amy. The Taste of Place: An Anthropological Journey into Terroir. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2008. [Wisconsin, pp. 139-168]
- University of Minnesota Farmers Market
- Wholesale and Farmers Markets -- USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service
- Zelickson, Sue. American Cancer Society. Minnesota Heritage Cookbook: Hand-Me-Down Recipes (Minnesota Heritage Cookbook I). Minneapolis, MN: American Cancer Society, 1979.