- After the passing of Norman Borlaug, commentators offer assessments on his legacy and work -- The Scout Report, 18 September 2009 | Volume 15, Number 37
- Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog: Crops, animals, wild relatives . . .
- Agriculture -- United Nations Global Issues
- Agriculture in the Classroom -- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center: Publications -- USDA
- [video] American Meat
(85 min., 2011, UM Duluth Library Multimedia BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
(UM Duluth Library Multimedia Guide BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
- Bellows, Anne C., Flavio L.S. Valente, Stephanie Lemke, María Daniela Núñez Burbano de Lara, (Eds.). Gender, Nutrition, and the Human Right to Adequate Food. NY: Routledge, 2015.
- The Center for Genomic Gastronomy ["The Center for Genomic Gastronomy Is an artist-led think tank that examines the biotechnologies and biodiversity of human food systems"]
- Environmental Ethics Case Studies -- American Physiological Society (APS)
- Illinois State Museum: Audio-Video Barn -- Illinois State Museum
- film: Ingredients: The Local Food Movement Takes Root (67
- Research Guide for Agriculture -- Agricultural Information Center, University of Kentucky Libraries
- A Step Beyond Anthropology --
MIREYA NAVARRO, New York Times (29 December 2009)
- Berry, Wendell. What Are People For? NY: North Point, 1990.
- Berry, Wendell. The Unsettling of America: Culture and Agriculture. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 2004.
- Both ENDS: Environment and Development Service -- Dutch environmental organizations
- Brown, Lester R. Full Planet, Empty Plates: The New Geopolitics of Food Scarcity. NY: W.W. Norton, 2012.
- California Center for Ecoliteracy
- Community for Food Security Coalition
- Comprehensive Assessment of Water Management in Agriculture
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST)
- The Wessels Living History Farm, the Story of Agricultural Innovation -- Nebraska Educational Television Network
- Earth Day Network Footprint Calculator -- Earth Day Network [ ". . . computes sustainability in specific and understandable terms by using the best aailable scientific data. . . . Take the Footprint Qui to find out how big a footprint you make upon the earth--it's eye-opening" (Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope)]
- Ecological Farming Association
- e-Agriculture -- United Nations
- Elton, Sarah. Consumed: Food for a Finite Planet. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2013.
- Energy & Sustainability -- Scientific American
- Environmental History Resources -- University of Edinburgh
- Environmental Sciences & Sustainability --The New York Academy of Sciences
- The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations
- Food & Water Watch
- Global Footprint Network
- A Global Map of Human Impacts to Marine Ecosystems -- National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Goodman, Mike, Lewis Holloway, Moya Kneafsey, and Damian Maye. Geographies of food: An Introduction. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2014.
- Grasseni, Cristina. Alternative Food Networks. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2013.
- The Green Guide -- National Geographic
- Hedgelink [hedges (or hedgerows) in the United Kingdom]
- Hesterman, Oran B. Fair Food: Growing a Healthy, Sustainable Food System for All. NY: Perseus/Public Affairs, 2011.
- Hirshberg, Gary. Stirring it Up: How to Make Money and Save the World. NYHistory, Art and Biography: National Agricultural Library -- USDA
: Hyperion, 2008.
- Horticulture -- University of Illinois Extension
- Iberian Peninsula's Earliest Agricultural Systems Were Unsustainable -- ScienceDaily (23 September 2008)
- Iowa State University Extension
- Kimbrell, Andrew, Ed. Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture. Sausalito, CA: Foundation for Deep Ecology, 2002.
- King, Franklin Hiram. 1911/2004/2008/2010.
Farmers of Forty Centuries. Madison, WI: Mrs. F.H. King/Dover/BiblioBazaar/Global Oriental.
- Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association -- a farmer-driven organization that works to build sustainable farming systems in the Lake Superior region
- Land & Water -- UMD Sustainability
- The Land Institute
- Lappé, Frances Moore, and Anna Lappé. Grub: Ideas for an Urban Organic Kitchen. NY: Jeremy P. Tarcher, 2003.
- Latest Stories in Green Food -- Treehugger ["a media outlet dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream"]
- Levenstein, Harvey. Paradox of Plenty: A Social History of Eating in Modern America. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003.
- Levenstein, Harvey. Revolution at the Table: The Transformation of the American Diet. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003.
- List of sustainable agriculture topics -- Wikipedia
- Local Harvest
- Montgomery, David R. Dirt: The Erosion of Civilization. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2012.
- Mulligan, Martin. An Introduction to Sustainability: Environmental, Social and Personal Perspectives 2nd Edition. NY: Routledge, 2018.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul (Ed.). Forward by Deborah Madison. Renewing America's Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent's Most Endangered Foods. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2008.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Where Our Food Comes From: Retracing Nikolay Vavilov's Quest to End Famine. Island, 2011.
- National Agricultural Library -- United States Department of Agriculture
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- Natural Resources Research Institute (NRRI) -- UMD
- NetFuture: Technology and Human Responsibility -- The Nature Institute
- Northern Harvest Farm -- Richard and Karola Dalen, 2572 Country Road 102, Wrenshall, MN
- Organic Consumers Association
- Project Passenger Pigeon -- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, The Chicago Academy of Sciences
- Patel, Raj. Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System. Brooklyn, NY: Melville House, 2008.
- Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA)
- Pesticide Alternatives Laboratory -- Michigan State University
- Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production
- Pimentel, David and Marcia Pimentel. Food, Energy, and Society, Third Edition. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, 2008.
- Pollan, Michael. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto. NY: Penguin, 2008.
- Pollan, Michael. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals. NY: Penguin, 2006.
- Resources and Data -- United Nations Environment Programme
- Rodale Institute
- Roberts, Paul. The End of Food. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008.
- Salatin, Joel. Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal: War Stories From the Local Food Front. Polyface, 2007.
Salatin, Joel. Pastured Poultry Profits. Chelsea Green, 1996.
- Salatin, Joel. You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Start & Succeed in a Farming Enterprise. Polyface 1998.
- Schlossr, Eric. Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. NY: Houghton Mifflin, 2001.
- Shiva, Vandana, Ed. Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed. Cambridge, MA: South End Press, 2007.
- Shiva, Vandana. Soil Not Oil: Environmental Justice in an Age of Climate Crisis. Cambridge, MA: South End Press, 2008.
- Shiva, Vandana. Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply. Cambridge, MA: South End Press, 2000.
- Soil Science Society of America
- Solar Cookers International
- Stock, Paul V., Michael Carolan, and Christopher Rosin, (Eds.). Food Utopias: Reimagining Citizenship, Ethics and Community. NY: Routledge, 2015.
- Superior Grown -- in partnership with Silver Creek Institute, Two Harbors, MN, and the Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association
- Sustainable Agriculture and Genetic Engineering -- Greenpeace USA
- Sustainable Agriculture Program -- World Watch Institute
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Eduction
- [video] Sustainable Table: What’s On Your Plate -- Mischa Hedges, Director
- Towards food sovereignty: Reclaiming autonomous food systems -- International Institute for Environment and Development
- Treehugger -- ["a media outlet dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream"]
- University of California: Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program -- University of California Davis
- Sustainable Table -- GRACE
- Sustainability -- American Public Media
- Sustainability Comes of Age -- HENRY FOUNTAIN, New York Times (29 December 2009)
- SustainLane Government
- TransFair USA and Fair Trade Certified
- UMD Sustainability -- Land & Water
- United Nations Environment Programme
- USDA: The Census of Agriculture
- USDA Economic Research Service
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Ecosystems Research Division
- What We Can Learn from Our Hunter-Gatherer Ancestors -- Guardian (30 September 2010)
- Worldwatch Institute